+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Next manager .... ???????

I wonder if he had got the job, would he have started playing Mallan ?.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The old cynic in me is saying it's PR pillakin. They will evved the "he was our first choice from the start" already written no matter who was appointed. If they were talking to him last weekend and he was unemployed wot was the problem? A bit disrespectful to the others interviewed Wed/Thu stringing them along. Perhaps Ross smelt a rat.

For what purpose?

May as well interview the applicants and others who interest us and see what they’re like

Aye spot on East Stand. We've nailed our colours to the mast before and looked reight pillaks for it. Remember when we went after O' Driscoll and Terry Butcher.

It doesn't look good being knocked back. GG has been shrewd and let everyone speculate. I like that.

That was an absolute farce wasnt it, when we publicly went out of our way to announce we wanted O'Dismal and then Butcher.
    It kind of told Flicker at the time that he was only 3rd or 4th choice etc when he got the job, but it was amazing how he kept us up that season against all the odds.

Ohh, and who can forget that 0-6 loss to Charlton....

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That was an absolute farce wasnt it, when we publicly went out of our way to announce we wanted O'Dismal and then Butcher.
    It kind of told Flicker at the time that he was only 3rd or 4th choice etc when he got the job, but it was amazing how he kept us up that season against all the odds.

Me for one until you brought it up

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

Your like a black cloud mate

Im saying how despite some results like that one, Flicker did amazingly well in keeping us up then against the odds.
    And what went wrong that summer between the two seasons, I and most of us cant really say.
    After keeping us up like he did in May, I bet none of us would have put money on him being boo'ed and sacked like that by the end of November!!.

He should have gone sooner. He over complicated things in his second season just like another HC did

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    He should have gone sooner. He over complicated things in his second season just like another HC did
    Yes exactly, Harsley really didnt have a flippin clue did he.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast