+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager .... ???????

Looks like we have been denied permission to speak to Ainsworth at Wycombe?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43060628

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    " hey up luv hav cum abart job "

" just take a seat Mr McCarthy Mr Goathair and Mr Beane will be here shortly "

"' reight oh luv "

Door creaks open .

"' Monsiur McCarthy welcome "

" oh reight c@cker "

" have you left zi computer in your automobile "
    "' what tha talkin abart computer ? Hav cum for job not to lake space invaders "

" but you need to tell us how we must remain in zi championship "

" tha giz mi a few quid and al get thi to Premier league , if tha short on a bob or two al keep thi int middle a table "

" how can you possibly know that Monsiur McCarthy ?"

" cos hav done it for 25 years that's bloody why "

Billy Beane enters the conversation

" Mick , the worlds moved on , ya goner have to hit me with some numberrrrrrs I can crunch "

" who did thar lake for then Billy mi owd ? "

" The Oakland A's , yes sireee "

" r yor lot tekin pyss a what "

Interview end abruptly with Mick laughing all the way back to Ipswich .

" wait till r drop on that Ant n Dec ageen , dun me like a kipper "
    Luvvit.

And, sadly fo BFC, as with all the best comedy, there's a large element of truth underlying it.

I am a lifelong St.mirren fan of 40 years and interested on your views of Jack Ross. Trust me, if you get him, you have got a brilliant manager. This man took over a team going nowhere, terrible squad, fans leaving in their droves. One transfer window later, about 10 new players in/out, he rejuvenated playing style. 7 points from safety, we won virtually every game and they were all must win games and we jumped from 10th to 7th. This season, fans back in numbers, playing great football, we are 14 points clear, winning 17 out of 24 games. Fans love him, players love him and he is an absolute media darling. Our best manager at Saints since Alex Ferguson. When he went to England, via Aberdeen, he didn't do too badly. If he goes, we will all be devastated. A total winner. By the way, if he does go, put money on Midfielder Kyle Magennis following him. What a player this guy is and will be.

If the aar gooina appoint wunna these bright,young coaches happy to work within the limits of the spreadsheet way of working then we may az well appoint this Jocky Ross. Izzed experience at Alloa and St Mirren (mid League One level) and got the St Mirren lads to the top of their league. Better option than wunna these French lads.

Amma tad disappointed that this is the field we are looking at. Chien cudda thrown a few pennies art and got in a bloke who knows the game. All this stuff abart "thu wunt cum". Same fooaks aar saying Hecky left fo the money. Why wunt fooaks cum here fo the money and the promise of a decent budget in the summer? Cant see the logic of planning fo gooin darn and then hoping to get back.
    A wish we edda multi billionaire owner

Quote Originally Posted by Paisleysaint View Post
    I am a lifelong St.mirren fan of 40 years and interested on your views of Jack Ross. Trust me, if you get him, you have got a brilliant manager. This man took over a team going nowhere, terrible squad, fans leaving in their droves. One transfer window later, about 10 new players in/out, he rejuvenated playing style. 7 points from safety, we won virtually every game and they were all must win games and we jumped from 10th to 7th. This season, fans back in numbers, playing great football, we are 14 points clear, winning 17 out of 24 games. Fans love him, players love him and he is an absolute media darling. Our best manager at Saints since Alex Ferguson. When he went to England, via Aberdeen, he didn't do too badly. If he goes, we will all be devastated. A total winner. By the way, if he does go, put money on Midfielder Kyle Magennis following him. What a player this guy is and will be.
    Most of us at Barnsley don't do the "we are a big club" routine and respect fans such as yourself. He may well be a top person at that level but we are in the sh1t. We need somebody to hit the ground running at what is probably Scottish Premiership level and get us results quickly. Is Ross that man in your opinion Paisley ?

A fair point. I wouldn't say he is an immediate impact type of manager. I think he would need time to assess your squad, build up relationships with players which he is renowned for, then I am positive you would see a transformation. I appreciate you guys might need "The Allardyce Effect" to guarantee you safety. This is the conundrum. I hope your owners are thinking that way too. You can have him when we win the league and you keep your Championship status. Sounds fair.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Last time we were in this predicament we went for experience making Danny Wilson manager , that didn’t work . I’m happy for us to go with a young coach again .
    I'd love to see Danny return. Yes, it didn't work out last time but at the moment what have we to lose? Things can only get better. He will command the respect of the players, boost expectations from the fans and ensure increased attendances. Most of all, he has always demonstrated immense loyalty to the club, it's where his heart really lies.

I'm on record as having given my utmost respect for Danny and his achievements and I'm certain he will be on the shortlist.

A fair point. I wouldn't say he is an immediate impact type of manager. I think he would need time to assess your squad, build up relationships with players which he is renowned for, then I am positive you would see a transformation. I appreciate you guys might need "The Allardyce Effect" to guarantee you safety. This is the conundrum. I hope your owners are thinking that way too. You can have him when we win the league and you keep your Championship status. Sounds fair.
    Most of us aren't sure what the new owner's strategy is Paisley. They have £8 billion of wealth behind them but are reluctant to release any of their wealth into the club. I still struggle to see the logic of seeing us go down and then re-build instead of keeping us up this season. Their motives for buying us remain unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Most of us aren't sure what the new owner's strategy is Paisley. They have £8 billion of wealth behind them but are reluctant to release any of their wealth into the club. I still struggle to see the logic of seeing us go down and then re-build instead of keeping us up this season. Their motives for buying us remain unclear.
    Well, I hope you do stay up. When wee Stevie Mallan went to Barnsley, think quite a few of us adopted you as our second club. If Jack does go to Oakwell, although we will be disappointed, we would wish him all the best due to what he has done for us and would be looking out for your result on a Saturday.

Well, I hope you do stay up. When wee Stevie Mallan went to Barnsley, think quite a few of us adopted you as our second club. If Jack does go to Oakwell, although we will be disappointed, we would wish him all the best due to what he has done for us and would be looking out for your result on a Saturday.
    Top man. We are not playing until next Tuesday because our opponents scheduled for Saturday have an FA Cup fixture. We have three games coming up in succession against three of the bottom five clubs. Jack would have a pressure start if he came.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast