+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager .... ???????

Gardner at WBA be his first step on managers tightrope

Mick McCarthy went to France on Sunday??

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm simply following the plan bankend , if we must go down this route of inexperience on the field and in the dug out then let's get a firecracker in and enjoy the spectacle .

Shake the club up because I'm dying of boredom here , some French yes sir no sir in a nice suit doesn't do for me .

Imagine Joey and Warnock butting heads on the sidelines for starters .

Tell you something else about Joey , he isn't as thick as he's made out , comes across pretty well too .

Are we in the entertainment business or not guys ?
    He is certainly not thick I've heard him a fair bit and he does carry himself well. But no. If were goin down the enforcer route, gotta be macca, who I'm told wont come. Roy Keane then, he makes people clear off with a look.

Uve Rosler if we can't tempt MACCA
    Last edited by Romared; 12-02-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Here’s one..... Don’t think I’ve heard him mentioned.... What about Steve Agnew?

Dave Watson seems to do a lot more than goalkeeping coach at Southampton!

St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to Jack Ross about replacing Paul Heckingbottom as manager

ST MIRREN have reluctantly given Barnsley permission to speak to their manager Jack Ross.

SunSport understands the Tykes quickly identified the Buddies gaffer after Paul Heckingbottom left for Leeds last week.

Jack Ross will speak with Barnsley later this week
    They are then thought to have contacted the Scottish Championship leaders over the weekend.

Sources at Oakwell claim the club are now confident they will get the chance to meet with highly-regarded Ross later this week.

It’s unlikely the 41-year-old will be the only man interviewed as Barnsley search for someone who can lift them away from the Championship relegation zone.

Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy and West Brom first-team coach Darren Moore — both ex-Barnsley favourites — have been linked with the post.

Losing Ross would be a huge blow to the Buddies after he took them from Championship relegation fodder to table-toppers inside 12 months.

But if he does discuss the job with the Yorkshire outfit, who are third-bottom having won just once in 16 league games, it wouldn’t be a given he would quit Paisley.

He has already shown loyalty to the club after rejecting the chance to boss Dundee last summer.

Barnsley chief executive Gauthier Ganaye wants a new manager in time for this weekend’s clash with Burton Albion.

He said: “We’ve started the recruitment process to get a replacement.

“We’ve received over 100 applicants and about half are credible. We are building a shortlist.

“We’ll hopefully start interviewing but don’t want to rush our decision.”

Now that’s a name out of the blue

Prefer Captain Birdseye mi sen If it's true about Mccarthy travelling to see frenchie we'd be dropping another massive ballack.

At least Mallan might get game time

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast