+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager .... ???????

You sound a top bloke Paisley and i'm glad you've posted. I'd rather we revisit it in summer after we've had a more experienced guy keep us up and you've gained promotion. Last week we had that sour taste in our mouths. I'd hate us dishing out the same. Best of luck mate.

Andy Giddings 42 mins ago:-Understand the Jack Ross links to #barnsleyfc job genuine...but I’m told other candidates still to be interviewed. Reds sources tell me it’s highly unlikely their next mgr will be Cameron Toshack from Swansea. And tomorrow’s name at the top of the betting list will be..

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    You sound a top bloke Paisley and i'm glad you've posted. I'd rather we revisit it in summer after we've had a more experienced guy keep us up and you've gained promotion. Last week we had that sour taste in our mouths. I'd hate us dishing out the same. Best of luck mate.

Well said Steve

A lot of Saints fans on suicide watch tonight going by our forum. As I said earlier, most are saying that Barnsley is a massive step up and he would be mad not to take it. If he was interviewed today, trust me, the interviewers would be impressed. I have resigned myself to his departure. Ach well. Great ride when he was on board. I now have an English team to support and just pray we can cross that line to the Scottish Premiership without him. C"mon The Saints. C'mon The Tykes.

There’s a link with our two clubs as regards managers before....
    Long time ago.... but in the other direction.... 1900 ish

I think St.Mirren fans feel passion for a club like Barnsley is because we are similar in many ways. My Yorkshire geography is probably not great but I imagine you are in the shadow of Leeds and the Sheffield twins in terms of size, fan base etc and yet you punch above your weight and have a loyal following. We are the same with Celtic and Rangers. It sickens me to see the amount of buses going to Ibrox and The Brendanbeau every Saturday from Paisley. Obviously PH going to Leeds probably pissed you guys off because of the geography. In our case, it is actually refreshing to see so many fans wishing Jack Ross the best if he does cross the border. If he does go, is it easy enough to get a ticket for Oakwell. I would love to see you against PNE. Alex Neil was a brilliant player for Hamilton but we hated him for it. Let me know if a cross border outing is possible for myself and a couple of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisleysaint View Post
    I think St.Mirren fans feel passion for a club like Barnsley is because we are similar in many ways. My Yorkshire geography is probably not great but I imagine you are in the shadow of Leeds and the Sheffield twins in terms of size, fan base etc and yet you punch above your weight and have a loyal following. We are the same with Celtic and Rangers. It sickens me to see the amount of buses going to Ibrox and The Brendanbeau every Saturday from Paisley. Obviously PH going to Leeds probably pissed you guys off because of the geography. In our case, it is actually refreshing to see so many fans wishing Jack Ross the best if he does cross the border. If he does go, is it easy enough to get a ticket for Oakwell. I would love to see you against PNE. Alex Neil was a brilliant player for Hamilton but we hated him for it. Let me know if a cross border outing is possible for myself and a couple of others.
    Hey up Paisley,i'm a BLADE,i post on here sometimes(mostly in the prediction section) but i also like Barnsley as a club and Barnsley as a town.Some of my fellow BLADES think i'm nuts but as a ex miner i spent alot of hours on't picket lines wi lads from Barnsley and even in the dark days of the 1984 strike ya could always guarantee a laff wi these fella's.By the way how's our old lad Ryan Flynn doin for you? I liked him alot when he played for us but injuries did for him.UTCB

Alex Neill was really under rated whilst he was here Paisley. I don't think being signed by Dave Bassett and hailed as a Scottish wonder kid helped his cause so soon after losing Craig Hignett that summer.

BBS Where's Redarmchris? makes for interesting reading. 5 candidates and the guy he thinks isn't even in the betting.

Nixon sez there's a Portuguese guy in the frame.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast