+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: o/t is it time to clamp down on public indecency...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Your inane ramblings have even knacked my screen up I'm having a right job getting on to page 2 of your thread it keeps sticking on page 1
    Hi Stardson.

WAAAAAHHHHH!!

WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

You gret jessie! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    at PRIDE marches?

As you know I am a keen supporter of equal rights but I am beginning to think that some of the behaviour at Pride marches would not be tolerated anywhere else. In the name of equality isn't it time to clamp down on people dressed in C ock and B all costumes.....men bearing their pierced nipples and scantily clad leather joy boys walking through our city centres?

As one gay man said to me...it gives the impression to everyone else that we are obsessed with *** when being gay is so much more than that.

I think he has a point.

Also what about Hen Parties?
    I dont think you do believe in equality. I think you like the idea of equality if its on your terms.

Posts like this support my theory. Ban it because you dont like it.

True equality runs much deeper than personal opinion.

IBS or worrever, it always amazes me when you come on here attention seeking because it always turns out to be a bit counter productive for you dunt it? Instead of posters coming on here saying what a wonderful clever guy you are as you crave they come on instead to say what a plonker you are. My advice to you is don't post anymore you would gain a lot more respect that way.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-02-2018 at 09:52 AM.

From what Frog was saying, it seems to be a mutual thing between IBS and the mods - it gets good responses and hits for the site and helps to keep it alive for the footy.

Don't mind a bit of debate and banter, can be quite interesting when posters go into depth and justify their opinions, on both sides.

But the empty hysterics of the "ban it" jessies can be a bit hard to take.

I agree with Kerr - if no one is being harmed, and the views, opinions and actions stay within the law, then I'm fine with it.

But, one specifically for Kerr (although anyone else feel free to give thoughts as I honestly don't know): to what extent can we say that the free expression of what you describe as quite bigoted views on here, that scapegoat and target immigrants in particular, all pooled together in all the message boards, help to fuel the spike in race hate attacks that we have seen since the referendum was announced?

Is there a link do you think? And are you ok with that as a price to pay for free speech?

Can you point to a post on here that might have provoked a spike in race attacks?

I've met a few people who do that sort of thing and would say that they need little by way of inspiration.

As for whether it's a price worth paying, what are you saying? That message boards should be reduced to sterile zones limited to anodyne, debate free postings? Try Banter if you like that sort of thing. And who would be the arbiter of what is permissible and what isn't?

P.s. I've attended Pride events in Manchester and Nottingham in the last couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed being there. There were certainly some risque outfits on display, but I will live.

Society is changing. Those who once felt oppressed, are quickly becoming the oppressors. Which is fine if the newly oppressed 'victims' were the former oppressors, but it seems the new oppressors want to take everyone with them. The LGBT movement, black lives matter, militant vegan groups etc etc all have the right to be heard, but not in a manner that intrudes the lives of passive people who already have no issues with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Priggish dullard....is that someone who doesn't find it hilarious to see half naked men in leather chaps, spraying each other with squirty cream from an inflatable phallus?
    No, it's somebody who never sees any of these things because they keep themselves away from such events but still manages to remotely get upset from afoot their dated moral pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Can you point to a post on here that might have provoked a spike in race attacks?

I've met a few people who do that sort of thing and would say that they need little by way of inspiration.

As for whether it's a price worth paying, what are you saying? That message boards should be reduced to sterile zones limited to anodyne, debate free postings? Try Banter if you like that sort of thing. And who would be the arbiter of what is permissible and what isn't?
    It would be absurd to say that one once post would provoke a spike in race attacks.

And I'm not "saying" anything in terms of solutions. I'm just wondering if there might be a link between repeated posts/public statements blaming immigrants for the ills of society and idiots that are carrying out race attacks, perhaps feeling justified by such statements?

Are you confident that there isn't a link?

What we'd do about it is horribly complicated, and I personally can't see a solution. Others on here on both left and right are both calling for "clamping down", some ironically not seeing that their calls for censorship are just as 'fascist' as the other. Wish it was that simple...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Society is changing. Those who once felt oppressed, are quickly becoming the oppressors. Which is fine if the newly oppressed 'victims' were the former oppressors, but it seems the new oppressors want to take everyone with them. The LGBT movement, black lives matter, militant vegan groups etc etc all have the right to be heard, but not in a manner that intrudes the lives of passive people who already have no issues with these things.
    How do such groups intrude on the lives of passive people with their views?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast