+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: o/t is it time to clamp down on public indecency...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    From what Frog was saying, it seems to be a mutual thing between IBS and the mods - it gets good responses and hits for the site and helps to keep it alive for the footy.

Don't mind a bit of debate and banter, can be quite interesting when posters go into depth and justify their opinions, on both sides.

But the empty hysterics of the "ban it" jessies can be a bit hard to take.

I agree with Kerr - if no one is being harmed, and the views, opinions and actions stay within the law, then I'm fine with it.

But, one specifically for Kerr (although anyone else feel free to give thoughts as I honestly don't know): to what extent can we say that the free expression of what you describe as quite bigoted views on here, that scapegoat and target immigrants in particular, all pooled together in all the message boards, help to fuel the spike in race hate attacks that we have seen since the referendum was announced?

Is there a link do you think? And are you ok with that as a price to pay for free speech?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    From what Frog was saying, it seems to be a mutual thing between IBS and the mods - it gets good responses and hits for the site and helps to keep it alive for the footy.

Don't mind a bit of debate and banter, can be quite interesting when posters go into depth and justify their opinions, on both sides.

But the empty hysterics of the "ban it" jessies can be a bit hard to take.

I agree with Kerr - if no one is being harmed, and the views, opinions and actions stay within the law, then I'm fine with it.

But, one specifically for Kerr (although anyone else feel free to give thoughts as I honestly don't know): to what extent can we say that the free expression of what you describe as quite bigoted views on here, that scapegoat and target immigrants in particular, all pooled together in all the message boards, help to fuel the spike in race hate attacks that we have seen since the referendum was announced?

Is there a link do you think? And are you ok with that as a price to pay for free speech?

There is no special mutual thing beween IBS and the mods. Anyone can start a thread on any topic as long as O/T is used for none football threads. IBS has on the whole started O/T threads as long as I've been a member and a lot of them go completely over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    There is no special mutual thing beween IBS and the mods. Anyone can start a thread on any topic as long as O/T is used for none football threads. IBS has on the whole started O/T threads as long as I've been a member and a lot of them go completely over my head.
    The posters on this site now seem to be almost entirely white hetero***ual men who are over 50 years old. I don't know what percentage of football fans are female these days, but they aren't posting anything on this site. It was more diverse in the past. The offensive (and just plain tedious) stuff from IBS/Kempo and a few others has contributed to that state of affairs , in my opinion.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-02-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    The posters on this site now seem to be almost entirely white hetero***ual men who are over 50 years old. I don't know what percentage of football fans are female these days, but they aren't posting anything on this site. It was more diverse in the past. The offensive (and just plain tedious) stuff from IBS/Kempo and a few others has contributed to that state of affairs , in my opinion.
    There is at least 1 woman that posts on the board but as you say there used to be more.

I know a few who post on here and I would agree with the age group.