Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whos going down?

whos going down?

Southampton - West Brom ... and one of either Palace/Stoke for me .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Southampton - West Brom ... and one of either Palace/Stoke for me .
    I think west brom for sure also stoke and huddersfield.

Also huddersfield still have man city, Man utd, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton and chelsea to play

Sadly i think West Brom (although glad if Pardew goes down), Huddersfield.

Then not sure for 3rd.

Could easily still be us, or Palace, or Stoke etc. etc.

think southampton hold the key they play ... burnley, stoke , newcastle, swansea , west ham,.. then in for a hammering rest of games left ..arsenal , leicester , chelsea, everton and Man city. when i did the results predictor soton finished bottom and us about 15th without the manure win.

Hmm...it's hard to tell with such a little gap of points and so many (relatively) games left.

There's usually one team that gets dragged in when everyone thought they were safe and one that is down there but goes on a run. West Brom look the likeliest but as for the other two spots, I just don't know. We are still right in the shit along with everyone from maybe Watford down. Unlikely to be them, West Ham or Bournemouth, though so the remaining places will be, more realistically, from us down.

Given how tight it is, a few good results could lift a team out it... and I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of teams stay in a bunched up mix till the end of the season.

I still think this will be the season that goal difference decides the last spot.

I can see West Brom, Huddersfield and Brighton going down. Hoping that it's Palace instead of BHA as CH deserves to manage in the EPL; tough fixtures though.

W.B.A
    Stoke
    Swansea

It´s wide open. Looking at current form it´ll be WBA, Uddersfield and Stoke.

We are still well and truely in the mix.

as long as we avoid it, I couldn't give a Phuck, as long as Pardew is amongst them!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    as long as we avoid it, I couldn't give a Phuck, as long as Pardew is amongst them!

.. Newcastle and Sunderland ..

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    We won't go down and you lot might just scrape out of it if the Coleman can stoke up the fire in your players bellies and not let it die down to cinders....because cinders will not be going to the ball if that's the case.

It's probably better for your club to drop another league whilst Ellis is in charge, because you need to start from the bottom with a bunch of players that actually give a fluke...not just 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    We won't go down and you lot might just scrape out of it if the Coleman can stoke up the fire in your players bellies and not let it die down to cinders....because cinders will not be going to the ball if that's the case.

It's probably better for your club to drop another league whilst Ellis is in charge, because you need to start from the bottom with a bunch of players that actually give a fluke...not just 2 or 3.
    .. I'd settle for getting rid of Rodwell. That would give us lot a right buz ..

If Slimani can hit the ground running and we can play with the same heart, commitment and, yes, attacking intent in the remaining games then I think we'll stay up.

Similarly, if your lot can show the same fight and spirit they did to come back from 3 goals down then you could escape too.

As much as Rodwell wants his bollox kicking in by every fan in the game, let alone Sunderland fans, it's the hierarchy who sanction the ridiculous deals for the players to take advantage of and exploit.

It's fine getting rid of Rodwell as long as the mistakes are heeded.
    There's a lot to be said for bringing through young talent who love the club, even if they go on to want to play for bigger clubs...because at least your outlay for them is cost of coaching them to first team standard, which can gain you the spoils of their talent for the team and also the major spoils of a transfer fee if they leave.
    A win win.

The key is in putting more effort into getting the best coaches and talent spotters to take advantage of the local area and the worldwide potential of youngsters just begging for the opportunity.

Leave the big signings to the bigger moneybag clubs, because clubs like ourselves generally just end up with the mercenaries when things don't go to plan.

Will he be out of contract at end of season anyway?

The money on his wages you save would be enough for 2 or 3 decent championship players?

Iv'e just done the predictor on the Ronnie site and its deffo ,W brom/Stoke and Palace...I thought I had been quite honest wi mesel
    oh and we finished tenth wi 49 pts and Slimani scoring 13 goals..

As an add on to this thread.

Just did a predictor in chronicle - https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...nited-14285196

I had Saints, Huddersfield and West Brom going down, in that order. Highest amount of points for a relegated side was 33.

We finished 13th.

My table:

Bournemouth
    West Ham
    Watford
    Newcastle
    Stoke
    Brighton
    Swansea
    Palace
    Southampton
    Huddersfield