+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which players will stay

Which players will stay

I wonder which players will stay or we can afford to keep when we are relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    I wonder which players will stay or we can afford to keep when we are relegated.
    Who cares ?

If they go its because we arnt good enough for them.

Start again I say rambaggie.

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    I really do think a few will go Ram ,
    The pole
    Evans
    Sturridge
    Rondom ?
    Chadli
    Livermore
    Apart from Dawson, Hegazi , Gibbs , you could sell the rest of the squad for a grand ok a monkey. 💰

If they can be persuaded to stay (and cutting their wages wouldn’t be encouraging) I would definitely try to keep:

Foster
    Dawson, make him club captain
    Hegazi
    Nyom, not the greatest player but always gives 100% and could be effective in the championship
    Brunt
    Field, an absolute ‘must’
    Yacob
    Rodriguez
    and Morrison

And if they would commit themselves 100% to getting us back up, Gibbs and Livermore.

I cant see Hagazi being here, he will be snapped up, in fact we could be left with Morrison and Brunt.

Morrison is an odd choice. There was talk that it's all over for him. Even if that isn't true he misses far too many games with injury every season.
    Phillips would be on my list. Livermore has looked better under Pardew and may do a job in the second tier.

Fans advocating keeping mozza, no wonder we are in the state we are in when we accept so much mediocrity.

All players have a clause in their contract giving them a 50% pay cut if we go down.
    Sturridge & Greg will of course return to their parent clubs
    4 players have release clauses, we know Evens is 1, I'm guessing Chadli, Rondon & Gibbs are the other 3.
    J-Rod & Livermore will I reckon not want to play in the Championship.
    Hegazi & Dawson will have better teams sniffing about them.

Of the rest, they will fall in to 2 categories, those willing to stay, & those who don't but nobody will want them

Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticBaggie View Post
    All players have a clause in their contract giving them a 50% pay cut if we go down.
    Sturridge & Greg will of course return to their parent clubs
    4 players have release clauses, we know Evens is 1, I'm guessing Chadli, Rondon & Gibbs are the other 3.
    J-Rod & Livermore will I reckon not want to play in the Championship.
    Hegazi & Dawson will have better teams sniffing about them.

Of the rest, they will fall in to 2 categories, those willing to stay, & those who don't but nobody will want them
    Looking good for a quick return then.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Looking good for a quick return then.

Livermore will get over his tiredness ( poor soul ), and be the first to shout taxi to another premiership club. We are turning in to a shambles. Play Field and Leko tomorrow as need good future youngsters not has beens or glory seekers who will be off like a shot!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)