Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: the blind and te dumb are easily lead

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,571

    the blind and te dumb are easily lead

    everyone going on about what a master stroke it was rafa getting the goalie etc

    the same numties who this season have said more times than i have said we didnt need to concentrate on a keeper have said the lads weere fizy /chimpo players

    me and a couple of thers have said they aint
    we have some very good players if you play to their strengths

    we have some decent premier players .
    thekeeper looks good
    and at 4 mill he does look a bargain

    but you are all focusing on him when there were others who played great and you are doing the lads a dis service

    Diam played great he cant defend but he can break up play but not when we play tight and sit back

    yedlin did very well

    ritchie was great (how many have slagged him off in recent weeks) he aint a chimpo player far from it

    even gayle and perez looked decent

    why
    because we didnt sit back at home
    we played to our strengths or the players strenghts

    if we had sat back the kepper would not have been as effective

    why do i say that
    because when he came for those crosses etc he would have had more opposition players in the box

    and remeber as good as we were
    manure were poor

    rafa got the tactics right on this occasion
    lets hope he now realises our players are better than he and nearly everyone on here thinks

    they are not fizzy/chimpo players as many suggest

    played to their strengths they are a top 10 team

  2. #2
    Manure were poor because we didn't let them rest its the way teams need to play against them 'get into them' as I responded to you in NnnnnnnNineteen. Wrong again Pboro.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,571
    and if we didnt let other teams rest numpty we would have more wins
    dont you see you are agreeing with all my points i have been saying for months and months

    so your are not telling me anything i havent said we should be doing

    hence why i can say i know more than you do

    no one can deny i have said our players are better than the fizzy as most have said
    no one can denty i have said we need to attack (so have a few others )
    no one can deny that i have said we need to get at teams and not sit back

    so you see you are agrreeing with aht i have been saying we should do for months
    not just easy to get at united
    but every team with a far worse goals against record than them

    why has rafa sat back against temas who have conceded nearly twice as many goals as them

    why not attack at home

    same team saturday apart from the keeper he has had all season
    same players

    so you see numpty you are making my point

    thanks you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,390
    Rafa set the team up to take the game to the opposition whilst also balancing it out.
    That's all that was asked from him and he's hopefully realised by doing this he will gain a lot more than he loses and we will easily escape any relegation thoughts in short order.

  5. #5
    No im not. Lets put I this way, I trust Rafa's decision making over yours every minute of every day.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstonbob View Post
    No im not. Lets put I this way, I trust Rafa's decision making over yours every minute of every day.
    His decision making for the Man Utd game was what we've been asking for.

    His decision making for a lot of games this season have been questionable down to bizarre and results showed it to be that.
    However at this moment in time It's a positive feeling about everything and long may it continue.

  7. #7
    We still defended a lead and battled away like we have done in many matches. Usually this is referred to as 'dire footy' by a certain someone. Not in this instance I guess.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    We still defended a lead and battled away like we have done in many matches. Usually this is referred to as 'dire footy' by a certain someone. Not in this instance I guess.
    Nahhh, this wasn't dire football. This was a team that tried for 90 minutes and balanced it all out.
    We're never going to agree with Rafa set ups and that's fair enough.
    I stand by digging at him because he deserved it.
    Against Man Utd he deserved the plaudits, as did the team he set up for the ENTIRE match to have a go.

    I'd love to give him plaudits till the end of the season and beyond of he sets us out to have a god and be afraid of nobody.

    Balance is all that's required.
    I'm not asking for gungho football as massive risk taking. Just what we saw against Man Utd.

  9. #9

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    and if we didnt let other teams rest numpty we would have more wins
    dont you see you are agreeing with all my points i have been saying for months and months

    so your are not telling me anything i havent said we should be doing

    hence why i can say i know more than you do

    no one can deny i have said our players are better than the fizzy as most have said
    no one can denty i have said we need to attack (so have a few others )
    no one can deny that i have said we need to get at teams and not sit back

    so you see you are agrreeing with aht i have been saying we should do for months
    not just easy to get at united
    but every team with a far worse goals against record than them

    why has rafa sat back against temas who have conceded nearly twice as many goals as them

    why not attack at home

    same team saturday apart from the keeper he has had all season
    same players

    so you see numpty you are making my point

    thanks you
    what a load of bull lol


    to me the tacits that rafa played against manure were the same as burnley with us trying to hang on at the end the only difference was there was far more fight instilled into the team but of course rafa has lost the confidence of the dressing room according to your golfing mate good job rafas that bad that he scared sturrage away

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    what a load of bull lol


    to me the tacits that rafa played against manure were the same as burnley with us trying to hang on at the end the only difference was there was far more fight instilled into the team but of course rafa has lost the confidence of the dressing room according to your golfing mate good job rafas that bad that he scared sturrage away
    How lang is this shoite ganning to gan on for FFS..
    Massive massive win against manure of all clubs..and this little sh it is argueing/bullying/sulking FFS...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Nahhh, this wasn't dire football. This was a team that tried for 90 minutes and balanced it all out.
    We're never going to agree with Rafa set ups and that's fair enough.
    I stand by digging at him because he deserved it.
    Against Man Utd he deserved the plaudits, as did the team he set up for the ENTIRE match to have a go.

    I'd love to give him plaudits till the end of the season and beyond of he sets us out to have a god and be afraid of nobody.

    Balance is all that's required.
    I'm not asking for gungho football as massive risk taking. Just what we saw against Man Utd.
    I agree that in too many games we have defended the lead too early, especially against teams of our own calibre or slightly worse that we should've beaten. However, the tactics that we employed against Man Utd weren't that different - it worked because the team was playing well, as ronandtet is also pointing out. And also, like you say Ghost, because we gave it a go the full 90 mins, though we increasingly defended more than possessing the ball and attacking. So it's a combination. But the main thing is that a player like Shelvey stepped his game up (and Yedlin and Lejeune and Gayle and Diame and Dubravka etc.), something that he hasn't done because he's been lazy, bad-tempered, out of form, out of luck or Rafa couldn't motivate him (depending on how you look at it).

  12. #12
    Not you Ron..

    Didn't realise pboros quote would disappear...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    How lang is this shoite ganning to gan on for FFS..
    Massive massive win against manure of all clubs..and this little sh it is argueing/bullying/sulking FFS...
    Pointless.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 13-02-2018 at 09:18 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I agree that in too many games we have defended the lead too early, especially against teams of our own calibre or slightly worse that we should've beaten. However, the tactics that we employed against Man Utd weren't that different - it worked because the team was playing well, as ronandtet is also pointing out. And also, like you say Ghost, because we gave it a go the full 90 mins, though we increasingly defended more than possessing the ball and attacking. So it's a combination. But the main thing is that a player like Shelvey stepped his game up (and Yedlin and Lejeune and Gayle and Diame and Dubravka etc.), something that he hasn't done because he's been lazy, bad-tempered, out of form, out of luck or Rafa couldn't motivate him (depending on how you look at it).
    Ok let me try and put it in a better frame.

    Against Man Utd, of course we defended a lead but we also attempted to add to it, as and when we had the chance.
    We knew a team like Man Utd would come at us, like any team would that is trying to get back into the game....and this is the key issue.

    You see, in many other games we attacked many teams in the first half and many times we took the lead.
    Then we would get pegged back or go behind in short order.
    The second half would see us set out for damage limitation rather than having a real go. That's my issue.

    All I asked for was a horses for courses game in a balanced way.
    Against Man Utd I was excited and entertained.
    Against most teams this season I've been mind numbed and depressed.

    Very few games gave me excitement.
    All I ask for is that kind of have a go mentality.

    I would also expect us to go on and finish lesser teams off when we are in the ascendency or at least try to rather than holding on to a draw at home or the likes.

    If Rafa keeps this mentality up we will more than comfortably hold our own this season which I've stated on many occasions.
    I also said we were not a championship team and the resurgence of players proves it...but....I don't really want to play tit for tat arguments with everyone saying, " I told you so" because we can all bring up a whole host of past posts that can paint us all in hypocritical lights.

    That's the nature of being a fan of any club, whether you're top of the tree or hanging from weak branches of it.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Pointless.
    Who rattled your fecking cage?

    Oh and by the way,nice editing...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Who rattled your fecking cage?

    Oh and by the way,nice editing...
    Hence why I said, Pointless.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Not you Ron..

    Didn't realise pboros quote would disappear...
    Wish Ghostboro would f'uckin disappear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •