+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shelvey and Diame

Shelvey and Diame

if they play like that in the rest of the games we'll stay up no bother.

I mean, they won't, in all likelihood, but if they even get anywhere close we'll still be ok. Shelvey was absolutely immense-I don't think I've ever seen him pay a better game for us. Ditto Diame who gave the sort of performance he did when he came here with West Ham and was virtually unplayable.

Wonder what it is that makes them put it such wildly differing performances from game to game?

Ritchie, too was superb today albeit more for his defensive work.

All round a hugely committed display from all the players and despite Man U's chances I thought we deserved the win (although over on Clowns 'r' Us it's because Man U were poor, the ref was shit and we were lucky...just makes the victory all the sweeter )

Ref was ****e. . . short of scoring for Man Utd, he did everything for them.

Agree if we play all games like this we'll be ok. Massive massive 3 points.

the transformation of Diame has been as surprising as it has been amazing.

so much so, that he probably had 3 or 4 good performances before I stopped cringing at his name on the team sheet.

he's easily been our most consistent performer over the past 6 or 7 games.

Think it is worth mentioning a few other players...

Lejeune.... him with lascelles looked a great pairing!

Ritchie... scored the goal, but also a great defensive display too

Kenedy... he’s a great outlet, just a shame we didn’t have a clause to buy him at the end of the season.

Just great to make a post where we are adding players who gave their all and made massive contributions, rather than who was sh!te 😂

I was at Leicester and Everton games. Diame was worst player on the pitch at those games. I cant believe Diame for 5-6 last games is a same player.

It just goes to show what can happen if everyone pulls together and has a go.
    Consistency and confidence and more balance like yesterday as we will more than leave behind any relegation worries.

Rafa should easily see what this team is capable of from that and with Slimani to come in we can nudge on a little in games that beg for it.
    Against Man Utd we did exactly what was required as and when and got our just rewards from it.
    Man Utd didn't play well but that was because we didn't allow them to, not because they were out of sorts or anything.

Shelvey and Diamé should start the next coupla games, give them some consistency. I quite like both Hayden and Merino, but they just weren't needed yesterday with the performances of S & D in CM.

The icing on the cake yesterday would've been to put on Slimani rather Joselu for Gayle. But I suppose resting him was the sensible thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Shelvey and Diamé should start the next coupla games, give them some consistency. I quite like both Hayden and Merino, but they just weren't needed yesterday with the performances of S & D in CM.

The icing on the cake yesterday would've been to put on Slimani rather Joselu for Gayle. But I suppose resting him was the sensible thing to do.
    Yeah, get Slimani fully match ready and then we can get the immediate hit the ground running best from him, which is essential if we want to carry on in this positive vein.

Rafa and the coaching staff have to take some credit for the turn round in Diames form, they have obviously been spending time with him, and its paid off. We could probably do a Sissoko on him now, and sell him for about £30 million.Well done Rafa, top coach.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Rafa and the coaching staff have to take some credit for the turn round in Diames form, they have obviously been spending time with him, and its paid off. We could probably do a Sissoko on him now, and sell him for about £30 million.Well done Rafa, top coach.
    They can take the credit for any players turnaround in form just as they have to take the flack when they mess up.
    However we can keep the little nit picks to a minimum because this win deserves to be marinated into our positive feel good minds.

All I'll say is, if Rafa pushes this team to play more forward thinking football and take teams to task as and when for 90 minutes, this can be the rewards and more often than not, with entertainment at a high rather than the low we have endured for most of the season.

I'd rather pat Rafa and co on the back than sit and slaughter them...and in this case he deserves a massive pat on the back, as do the players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)