+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bury game: FAO Champs

The Bury game: FAO Champs

Champs, you told me a few weeks ago this game was going to be on Sky, so I wouldn't have to pay. I have just found out that it is going to be on BeIn Sports (which is a subscription channel not in my package) - not on Sky Sports or ESPN, as I expected.
    This means it WON'T be on iFollow, so I won't be able to watch it at all!
    What a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs, you told me a few weeks ago this game was going to be on Sky, so I wouldn't have to pay. I have just found out that it is going to be on BeIn Sports (which is a subscription channel not in my package) - not on Sky Sports or ESPN, as I expected.
    This means it WON'T be on iFollow, so I won't be able to watch it at all!
    What a bummer.
    Are you on FB Auks? Or I can add you on whattsapp? I can keep you up to speed on the game I really don't mind. Sorry to hear you will miss it. It wont be the roll over everyone will expect (....sigh ...not again ) Bury will be fighting for their lives and have been picking up results.
    Options are - I can facetime you, point the camera at my tv and you can watch it that way? Or I can add you and give you a live match report. How about the Bradford and Wigan game? Both are on Sky aswell. Will you encounter the same problems in those games? You don't want to be missing the Wigan one!!
    Don't worry mate, we will get you sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Are you on FB Auks? Or I can add you on whattsapp? I can keep you up to speed on the game I really don't mind. Sorry to hear you will miss it. It wont be the roll over everyone will expect (....sigh ...not again ) Bury will be fighting for their lives and have been picking up results.
    Options are - I can facetime you, point the camera at my tv and you can watch it that way? Or I can add you and give you a live match report. How about the Bradford and Wigan game? Both are on Sky aswell. Will you encounter the same problems in those games? You don't want to be missing the Wigan one!!
    Don't worry mate, we will get you sorted.
    That'e very kind of you, Champs. For the Bury game, I have been speaking to my son's father-in-law. He's not that interested in football, but he's very wealthy and he's got the complete Sky package! He says I can go round there to watch. I'm hoping I get similar offers for the other two games if they're only on BeIn. I'll let you know what the situation is nearer the time.
    Do you wear two scarves to the Bury-Rovers games?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    That'e very kind of you, Champs. For the Bury game, I have been speaking to my son's father-in-law. He's not that interested in football, but he's very wealthy and he's got the complete Sky package! He says I can go round there to watch. I'm hoping I get similar offers for the other two games if they're only on BeIn. I'll let you know what the situation is nearer the time.
    Do you wear two scarves to the Bury-Rovers games?
    Had this game been 20 years ago, I'd have had family sat in both ends, and my Grandad would not have spoken to me had I chosen Rovers. I only really have my nephew who goes regularly to Bury, so over the years I have cared less and less for them. Its more of a 'I check their results' these days. I still buy a seat for a season for my Grandad as it helps them out financially. But 20 years ago, I really would have had a dilemma.

Its funny Auks, as I have always been honest about my love for both clubs on here. And have gotten some real stick over the years about being a plastic Rovers fans, only interested in glory hunting! Especially from Burnley fans. The irony is, now we are in the same division as Bury!! And I have watched and enjoyed more football at this level, than I ever did when we were in the Prem.

I hope you get it sorted, I don't have sky but I will buy Now TV for a week and get Sky Sports access. Just let me know if I can do anything to get you sorted, we aren't having you miss it!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)