+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

Unfair to Laszlo giving how well we were going before those the injuries (22 pts from 24), especially the two season ending ones

Surely merits a proper window and not the January nonsense where things changed for the worst with the Fyvie and Fraser injuries just before the window

There are a few responses on this thread that illustrate perfectly the impatience of modern day football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie View Post
    You want the guy who thought it was a good idea to play Jamie Robson at right back a week or so after calling an actual right back home from his loan spell, play Murdoch at centre half, signed Lyng, singed Slater, signed Mikkelson, plays Scott McDonald in the no 10 role to get the chance to rebuild us?

That's before you consider that when he came in we were level on points with a team including Craig Samson and John Sutton, yet now find ourselves 14 points behind them over a dozen games?

I'd have binned him after the Falkirk debacle.
    This for me, even if he manages to pull off a minor miracle, I'd still have my doubts about Laszlo long-term. I simply can't listen to his rambling on for 5 minutes at the simplest question in interview, so I've no idea how the players can take anything he's saying on board during training.

Robbie Neilson and Stuart McCall are both free now, and it looks like Tommy Wright's coming to the end of his time in Perth. I'd sleep much better knowing that one of these guys is overseeing the long term rebuild of our club than the Csambler.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    There are a few responses on this thread that illustrate perfectly the impatience of modern day football fans.
    And invariably it's the same ones who were celebrating his arrival a few months ago and who will then ignore the obvious reasons for our downturn (KEY SEASON ENDING INJURIES hello! wakey wakey!) and rewrite history as usual

I did say when a couple posters tried to say that I wasn't fully behind Laszlo because I had backed McKinnon that it was nonsense, I'm fully behind him (and remain so because he had been very unlucky) and they will turn on him long before me

Fraser and Fyvie were both fit and playing in games United lost this season - we really need to stop using the "player's are injured" excuse as while both these players would be a good addition to the squad, there are many more reasons why United have struggled that just having player's injured.

Stuart McCall was always my first choice after Jackie was sacked - but in fairness, it's always a gamble appointing a new manager.

United probably have the biggest squad in the league, so it's a non starter using the excuse of player's being injured for losing the league title so early in the season.

It's not an excuse, it's the reality of what has happened in the whole, it's not a coincidence, from McKinnon left, we won 7 and drew 1 with the team mostly picking itself, we'd found our best team and system and won games comfortable against St Mirren,Falkirk,Livi, Morton abd Dunfermline

Then we lose two of our best players to season ending injuries which demoralised everyone, teammates included at a terrible time, we also have intermittent injuries in midfield,full back and centre back so not only do we lose the two most important players in the run of form, we can't even field a consistent side in they'd absence including our best defence

Instead of strengthening in January, we had to do a more patchwork job, were never going to replace the quality of Fyvie and Fraser (both prem quality easily) at such short notice

So new players come in and have to get upto speed in a team that's feeling demoralised and fans the same after recent years and full of injuries so they aren't coming into a stable side, St Mirren gain confidence from this knowing we are in a weakened state (Jack Ross isn't stupid and will have known we were significantly weakened from the team that beat them at Tannadice), less pressure on them

However on the upside I do think if we get the likes of Scobbie etc back fit, despite the loss to Aberdeen I can see there is something to work with, I'm feeling quietly confident about us beating Livi away next Friday, if so then two important home games to follow in the 7 days after

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    Fraser and Fyvie were both fit and playing in games United lost this season - we really need to stop using the "player's are injured" excuse as while both these players would be a good addition to the squad, there are many more reasons why United have struggled that just having player's injured.

Stuart McCall was always my first choice after Jackie was sacked - but in fairness, it's always a gamble appointing a new manager.

United probably have the biggest squad in the league, so it's a non starter using the excuse of player's being injured for losing the league title so early in the season.
    At the start of the season, Fraser was still getting over the injury he got last season while being pushed into the team too early. Fyvie took a long time to get up to speed, but both were getting to the top of their games for us when disaster hit. Since then we have been on a hell of a bad run and we again are trying to get more players up to speed.

There is another thread around where the injuries have been discussed and in there its clear to see that our 18 man, yes remember Rays squad requirements, 11 players from that had been out of the team through injury at one time or another.

Now maybe you are right that Fyvie and Fraser missing isnt the whole reason, but their obvious replacements in Briels and Keatings are also out long term.

Even when you say that Durnan, McDonald, King and Robson have played the most games this season, even they have been missing for a game or 2 with injuries!

Back on thread and i think it may be a double edged sword for us with St Mirrens rhythm being disturbed as they head into a game v Livi, who may just get a wee bit more confidence before they meet us next week!

Back on topic, BBC are reporting that he's staying at St Midden.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Back on topic, BBC are reporting that he's staying at St Midden.
    We’re not catching any breaks this season

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    We’re not catching any breaks this season
    Yeah, they gain the advantage of the manager-not-leaving bounce.
    Off topic or staying on topic if you consider ahlltan's 'not any breaks' comment....
    We don't get a game this weekend then after that our schedule's all over the shop.
    We can't even get a smooth Saturday - Saturday fixture list.
    By the end of this month St Mirren will have won the league & we'll have a dozen games in hand.
    No calling the Exaggeration Police please.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)