+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's not an excuse, it's the reality of what has happened in the whole, it's not a coincidence, from McKinnon left, we won 7 and drew 1 with the team mostly picking itself, we'd found our best team and system and won games comfortable against St Mirren,Falkirk,Livi, Morton abd Dunfermline

Then we lose two of our best players to season ending injuries which demoralised everyone, teammates included at a terrible time, we also have intermittent injuries in midfield,full back and centre back so not only do we lose the two most important players in the run of form, we can't even field a consistent side in they'd absence including our best defence

Instead of strengthening in January, we had to do a more patchwork job, were never going to replace the quality of Fyvie and Fraser (both prem quality easily) at such short notice

So new players come in and have to get upto speed in a team that's feeling demoralised and fans the same after recent years and full of injuries so they aren't coming into a stable side, St Mirren gain confidence from this knowing we are in a weakened state (Jack Ross isn't stupid and will have known we were significantly weakened from the team that beat them at Tannadice), less pressure on them

However on the upside I do think if we get the likes of Scobbie etc back fit, despite the loss to Aberdeen I can see there is something to work with, I'm feeling quietly confident about us beating Livi away next Friday, if so then two important home games to follow in the 7 days after
    I honestly wonder about your mental health Raymond.

2 Injuries = justification for shipping 6 to the worst Falkirk side in living memory, getting pumped at home to Morton and generally being utter horse**** in every single game we've played since Christmas???

McKinnon was a complete failure but i'll tell you what, we wouldn't have shipped 9 goals against Falkirk and Morton under him.

Spazlo is a disastrous appointment, that has been abundantly clear for weeks.
    Last edited by Danny_Dyer; 16-02-2018 at 09:49 AM.

So it's just coincidence that our disastrous run has happened after the injuries to out two best players?

Would be great to have both Fraser and Fyvie back fit and in the squad - there is no doubt about that.

However, both Fraser and Fyvie were in the United team which lost 0-2 to Inverness in Oct and also the 2-0 defeat to St Mirren in Dec. They also both played in the 1-1 draw with Brechin in Nov.

Having them back in the squad would make a big difference, but we were losing games when they were both playing.

The other clubs in the league have players injured too - it's lame excuse to suggest we lost to Morton, Falkirk and Livingstone due to player's being injured - we lost these games as both the manager and the players failed to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    So it's just coincidence that our disastrous run has happened after the injuries to out two best players?
    No, of course it isn't (really unlike you to be pedantic as phuck though). However 2 injuries is not justification for getting absolutely annihilated from 2 garbage sides and falling 14 points behind in the worst Championship in donkeys!

Anyone who finds the above acceptable because "our 2 best players" are injured really needs to raise their standards.

Remind me what games, outwith the 3 after McKinnon was binned we've played really well in, even with Iniesta and Xavi fully fit?

Laszlo will be gone within 6 months and will remembered as yet another monumental failure. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    Would be great to have both Fraser and Fyvie back fit and in the squad - there is no doubt about that.

However, both Fraser and Fyvie were in the United team which lost 0-2 to Inverness in Oct and also the 2-0 defeat to St Mirren in Dec. They also both played in the 1-1 draw with Brechin in Nov.

Having them back in the squad would make a big difference, but we were losing games when they were both playing.

The other clubs in the league have players injured too - it's lame excuse to suggest we lost to Morton, Falkirk and Livingstone due to player's being injured - we lost these games as both the manager and the players failed to deliver.
    Spot on CCR. It's utterly pathetic to suggest we simply can't compete because of a couple of injuries. A total cop out which papers over the massive cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    Anyone who finds the above acceptable because "our 2 best players" are injured really needs to raise their standards.
    I've never met a single one of our supporters who would think that acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post

It's a complicated situation, no doubt. I don't think anyone is saying the sole reason results dropped is just the injuries. That said, it seems strange to discount it, I can't think of another team in our league that has the extent of injuries we are having to deal with though. It's almost a complete first team.

I've never met a single one of our supporters who would think that acceptable.
    So why are you continuously trying to use those 2 being injured as justification for being unable to compete against the might of Greenock Morton and 2nd bottom Falkirk??

It's a complicated situation, no doubt. I don't think anyone is saying the sole reason results dropped is just the injuries. That said, it seems strange to discount it, I can't think of another team in our league that has the extent of injuries we are having to deal with though. It's almost a complete first team.
    Injuries don't explain playing a left back at right back when you have an actual RB on the bench.
    Injuries don't explain playing Scott McDonald in midfield.
    Injuries don't explain our complete lack of fight when we go a goal behind.
    Injuries don't explain our inability to find a team mate with a 5 yard pass.
    Injuries don't explain playing a (extremely poor) midfielder at RB when we have an actual RB fully fit.
    Injuries don't explain playing 30, 1 yard passes about our own box before launching the ball out of play.
    Injuries don't explain the fact we've scored the same amount of goals away from home as Brechin.

Ken what does explain all of the above? A shyte manager and dreadful coaching, that's what!

Well Jack Ross has rejected Barnsley anyway

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)