+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Season defining next 3 games ?

No one can argue the atmosphere died when they brought the restrictions in to the Derry, I’ll never be convinced by any argument about it being shut down

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Why would Dundee United gaining promotion be good for Dundee Fc...

Reason fans are staying away is price, the way there treated at games and the this ridiculous ticketing policy
    Money, pure and simple. The League Cup derbies were pretty much full houses, not been anywhere near that since. As for fans staying away, the product on the park has to be ultimately good enough for people to want to go, regardless of the price, ticketing policies or whatever. Hartley did ok in his first season, decent team, fans came back. Now it's just another drudge-fest, only Caulker would be a draw to the stay-aways, certainly can't think any of the other players would be.

Why would Dundee United gaining promotion be good for Dundee Fc...

Reason fans are staying away is price, the way there treated at games and the this ridiculous ticketing policy

Dundee United (as Dundee Hibs) were born in 1909-10. That same season Dundee FC (stirred on by this new irritant down the road), win the Scottish Cup. In 1959 Dundee United win promotion to the old First Division (top league) and rub shoulders with their big, city cousins. Spurred on by this further irritation Dundee FC win the league a couple of seasons later and the season after that become the 3rd/4th best team in Europe. In 1973 Dundee FC win the League Cup. The following season (1974), Dundee United reach their first ever major final (Scottish Cup) and fail miserably in their attempt to win the trophy against the same opponents who Dundee FC defeated the previous year (Celtic).

And you question why Dundee United gaining promotion would be good for Dundee FC?

The reason the atmosphere is ****e and crowds are down is simple, our home record has been very poor in recent years. Its ok having some good away results and performances, but only a minority of fans witness them, the base of any teams support is the home fans. Win home matches regularly and the crowd would creep up and the atmosphere would be good. Get cuffed at home by ****e teams and the crowd will no be happy, simples

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    The reason the atmosphere is ****e and crowds are down is simple, our home record has been very poor in recent years. Its ok having some good away results and performances, but only a minority of fans witness them, the base of any teams support is the home fans. Win home matches regularly and the crowd would creep up and the atmosphere would be good. Get cuffed at home by ****e teams and the crowd will no be happy, simples
    The prices set at the start of the season are unrealistic for the normal punter
    £24 for the dross we are watching against teams of a similar standard and £26 for teams that are deemed "bigger"is miles off it
    It rebounds on our away support as prices are replicated at away grounds
    The sanitising of the Derry was a massive error and knocked the aarse out the atmosphere
    I can see why folk dont go

100 percent agree with this

When did you last here a fans rep trying to galvanise the support or the club possibly laying on free buses to away fans

Nothing just turn up pay your money
    People hounded the last fans rep out of the club by constantly criticising him and the society, by refusing to acknowledge anything they tried to do and by basically not supporting the efforts he and the society was / were making.

Now you want a fans' rep to 'galvanise the support'? You understand how hypocritical you're being here don't you?

Dundee manager Neil McCann met the press pre match and said: "I feel we can still get top six. "Maybe people will say I'm a fantasist - but I'm not. I'm ambitious. "I believe in my side. We've shown in so many games this season against everyone that we are a right good side to play against when we are absolutely on it. "We need to find the steel and mentality to see games out. If we do that then the top six is not outwith our reach."

That is absolute mentalism, in print.

How many games has your side won, Neil?

Finally, some pragmatism, can't complain about that lineup. Up to the players now.

Quote Originally Posted by ABERFELDYDEE View Post
    The prices set at the start of the season are unrealistic for the normal punter
    £24 for the dross we are watching against teams of a similar standard and £26 for teams that are deemed "bigger"is miles off it
    It rebounds on our away support as prices are replicated at away grounds
    The sanitising of the Derry was a massive error and knocked the aarse out the atmosphere
    I can see why folk dont go
    add to that my fav pet hate of queuing twice to get in, as a club we need to waken up and stop it asap

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Finally, some pragmatism, can't complain about that lineup. Up to the players now.
    Surely the McCann hatred goes on the back burner just now
    2draws at killie and plastic wouldnt have yielded as many points as a good win today
    Tammies aff to the gaffer today
    Thoughts?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)