+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goal?

Goal?

Got to say my 1st opinion was the keeper saved it and according to the radio the ball didnt cross the line im sure malcom will have the video uploaded by the morning ao we will know then

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    Got to say my 1st opinion was the keeper saved it and according to the radio the ball didnt cross the line im sure malcom will have the video uploaded by the morning ao we will know then
    Photographers behind the goal say that it wasn't over the line.

Have to say, my initial instinct was that the keeper had just got to it, but then I'm sure I heard a whistle, and all the Queens players seemed to think a goal had been awarded. So, what I'd like to know most is what the referee did, and how did the game re-start?

The photographers would have the best view so maybe there's a snap. What worried me was that Morton nearly scored while our players were celebrating. Great entertainment though!

The game never stopped

I was sat just inside the other half in the new stand but I thought I saw the side netting bulge as the keeper attempted to keep the ball out. Whilst all the other around me were on their feet I was looking towards the referee and the assistant, on the other side, both of whom never signalled a goal and the game simply continued with the Queens players celebrating which in turn almost resulted in Morton breaking away and scoring. Murray was so unlucky in the last minute with his curling effort which came of the upright which I was right behind and thought was net bound. Good game though which we should really have won.

Decent game.Can't comment on any "alleged incidents" as I,personally, saw nothing "dodgy" at all during the game

At the time I thought it had just sneaked over the line but having seen the pictures on the queens website and this video on youtube it shows that it never crossed the line and the officials made the correct decision also well done to Leighfield as morton could have scored with most queens players celebrating what they thought was a wonder goal.

No real luck there then. The ball didn't even spin across the line. Well done to the officials although I was berating them until the end of the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)