+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still in with a shout

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    It's looking grim folks but let's not start the post mortem till we are confirmed dead.
    There are more than enough points there to be had. We've done it before and we can do it again.
    I'm with ya Wicka-Mon.

COYB .

[QUOTE=Whicka_Mon;38799325]
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s you being thick.

You have to start your reply after the final word in the post you clicked on and that final word is always

I thought so. Its happening with Al aswell. Dumb and dumber ay we?
    Like 😂

[QUOTE=Whicka_Mon;38799324]
    Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

I'm confused
    You said in your previous post you did not like Pulis???

Not liked as in personable, warmth, listening to others, changing for the better etc. You don't have to like your own employees/direct reports but if they are effective and achieve. If they are non effective - you get rid. Like is emotional and emotions rarely figure in ruthless business.

Pulis was effective for a time and then became non effective because many put up with the style of football because the thing that mattered most was achieved - points!!! People then quite rightly turned on him when the points did not come in.

Everyone is different. Some would now say they are happy with a better style of football even though it means we could drop into the championship. Others like me, would say they would be happy to see awful football ( remaining games ), if it meant staying in this league! You don't get far for being nice!!!

Rodriguez is a classic example - had he fallen on the floor at Arsenal we would have been awarded a stone wall penalty and probably would have won as we controlled the game. Had Rodriguez dived last night, for sure we would have got a penalty, and had we scored first, it would have changed the match.

Rightly or wrongly in both these two penalty scenarios a class player like Hazard would have dived and got both penalties. Sometimes for being honest or liked you get nothing.

Get the drift Whicka or should, I draw you a picture!

PS - Pardew is not achieving as 8 points out of 13 is pathetic so some will say stick but others will say twist and bring in a top name as a last throw of the dice. I would say twist as something is clearly not right - did not see our players like crazed animals as Jose said Newcastle were - regardless of the result! Some of our players don't seem bothered/committed - why?
    Last edited by baggieal; 13-02-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Not liked as in personable, warmth, listening to others, changing for the better etc. You don't have to like your own employees/direct reports but if they are effective and achieve. If they are non effective - you get rid. Like is emotional and emotions rarely figure in ruthless business.

Pulis was effective for a time and then became non effective because many put up with the style of football because the thing that mattered most was achieved - points!!! People then quite rightly turned on him when the points did not come in.

Everyone is different. Some would now say they are happy with a better style of football even though it means we could drop into the championship. Others like me, would say they would be happy to see awful football ( remaining games ), if it meant staying in this league! You don't get far for being nice!!!

Rodriguez is a classic example - had he fallen on the floor at Arsenal we would have been awarded a stone wall penalty and probably would have won as we controlled the game. Had Rodriguez dived last night, for sure we would have got a penalty, and had we scored first, it would have changed the match.

Rightly or wrongly in both these two penalty scenarios a class player like Hazard would have dived and got both penalties. Sometimes for being honest or liked you get nothing.

Get the drift Whicka or should, I draw you a picture!

PS - Pardew is not achieving as 8 points out of 13 is pathetic so some will say stick but others will say twist and bring in a top name as a last throw of the dice. I would say twist as something is clearly not right - did not see our players like crazed animals as Jose said Newcastle were - regardless of the result! Some of our players don't seem bothered/committed - why?
    No don't get it. You'll have to draw me a picture.

God it's a cup game Saturday that means we have at least 11 days of you posting the sentence. " 8 points from 13 games".

So now you condone diving.
    So lets get this straight. You only want to support a football team that makes heaps of money in the top division. Whatever the cost. No love for the FA Cup or lower leagues.
    You are everything that's wrong with modern day football.
    What's up frightened if we drop down a league you'll lose your free streams.

No don't get it. You'll have to draw me a picture.

God it's a cup game Saturday that means we have at least 11 days of you posting the sentence. " 8 points from 13 games".

So now you condone diving.
    So lets get this straight. You only want to support a football team that makes heaps of money in the top division. Whatever the cost. No love for the FA Cup or lower leagues.
    You are everything that's wrong with modern day football.
    What's up frightened if we drop down a league you'll lose your free streams.

Staying in the division at all costs -yeah that's right! Seems like Chelsea and other top teams cheat so where do you get for being honest? Jay R was fouled both at Arsenal and last night and had he gone down, there would have been two stone wall penalties - is this cheating? Not really as he was badly fouled so why would you not go down?

Don't ever accuse me of watching streams - I have missed two home games and go to most away matches including Arsenal and Man City mid week along with no nothing cup games ie Accrington! Was you there Whicka as you said you don't go to away games?

Staying in the division at all costs -yeah that's right! Seems like Chelsea and other top teams cheat so where do you get for being honest? Jay R was fouled both at Arsenal and last night and had he gone down, there would have been two stone wall penalties - is this cheating? Not really as he was badly fouled so why would you not go down?

Don't ever accuse me of watching streams - I have missed two home games and go to most away matches including Arsenal and Man City mid week along with no nothing cup games ie Accrington! Was you there Whicka as you said you don't go to away games?
    I was just asking a question. Don't get so defensive. Touched a nerve have I?
    Just winding you up mate.
    You going Saturday?

Tough task, but we will stop up COYB

I was just asking a question. Don't get so defensive. Touched a nerve have I?
    Just winding you up mate.
    You going Saturday?

Yeah but don't know why! We need to meet up sometime for a pint............

Well done lads, but no kissing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    Well done lads, but no kissing.
    It's alright kissing.....just no tongues....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)