+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Williams sacked at WBA.

John Williams sacked at WBA.

Wow that's harsh. Suffering from idiot foreign owners again.

After the ‘fix up’ with Sky, this may be the second most damaging aspect of ‘21st century football’.
    Agents were already embedded within the game, but of course the above has made it 10/100 fold more distasteful 😣.

It’s more a circus now at upper reaches.

Ive a pretty good idea what’s coming next on ‘local’ forums.
    Last edited by Despair; 13-02-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Interesting that there's criticism of john Williams for appointing Sam at the time when it was believed martin jol and Michael laudrup was available..

Currently martin jol and laudrup are unemployed having failed in the prem, while Sam is doing a decent job pushing Everton up the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Interesting that there's criticism of john Williams for appointing Sam at the time when it was believed martin jol and Michael laudrup was available..

Currently martin jol and laudrup are unemployed having failed in the prem, while Sam is doing a decent job pushing Everton up the table.

I think Williams is a top guy! I could be argued he did the best job of anyone going back to when Walker came in. The first and biggest mistake Venky's made was letting him go. He was far more important than Allardyce, the players etc etc .....once he went, our club folded from the inside out. If Venky's want their money back asap, employ him, the rest will follow.
    The fact he still gets criticised Sax is very interesting. When you take in account what we have been talking about here recently. Folk will always find something to moan about, no matter what. Even when we where punching massively over our weight in the PREM but still competing season in season out, folk moaned. Then they moaned when we went down. Then they moaned about managers, then they moaned about something else. At Ewood, folk moaned about Mark Atkins Jason Wilcox when we had the best side in English football. So its pretty normal to hear the same old ****e now ......this should tell you! Folk just moan and moan and moan no matter what .............

The most incredulous crit for me was in him getting slated in some quarters for selling the club to Venkys.
    Hang on, it was not his club to sell.
    The folk who owned it decided to grab any money on offer, and once they were ‘introduced’ to Venkys money (by ???!!!) it was all systems go.
    Just the fit and proper owner hurdle to get over. So in effect: ‘how much money have you got?’ ‘Oh ok, that will do nicely’
    Kerching!
    I very much doubt JW could have done a whole lot to ‘veto’ it, if he held concerns.

Think Williams knew the job at Rovers was getting tougher by the season. Venkys taking over just gave him the excuse to leave.

The club being seemingly/covertly run by a certain agent I would think made it impossible for him to stay. He spelt that out in warning to Venkys in the letter that came to light later, I seem to recall.
    IF some steps had been taken to properly investigate, he could well have been found culpable.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)