+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jake Wright Snr and Clayton Donaldson

Jake Wright Snr and Clayton Donaldson

Bit surprised these are the only two players we have outta contract in the summer! Looks like we have deadwood players to pay off because we never get any fees for not wanted players! (Done, Brayford and Wilson)

All got to be wanting moves to play and we need to do better..
    Long
    Hussey
    Heneghan
    Lafferty
    Carruthers
    Thomas
    Hanson
    Lavery
    Ched

Would you give Jake Wright Snr and Clayton Donaldson new deals btw?

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    Bit surprised these are the only two players we have outta contract in the summer! Looks like we have deadwood players to pay off because we never get any fees for not wanted players! (Done, Brayford and Wilson)

Long
    Hussey
    Heneghan
    Lafferty
    Carruthers
    Thomas
    Hanson
    Lavery
    Ched

Depends what league we're in and what kind of budget we have for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Depends what league we're in and what kind of budget we have for next season.
    Very true.
    I’ve long since stopped worrying about such things. Am happy to leave such decisions to CW - he sees those that are here in training and gets constant reports on those out on loan. We don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Very true.
    I’ve long since stopped worrying about such things. Am happy to leave such decisions to CW - he sees those that are here in training and gets constant reports on those out on loan. We don’t.
    Agree with you there, Ronnie. For the first time in ages I'm not worried that the manager is going to spunk what little money he gets on utter garbage. And if he does sign someone and it doesn't work out - Carruthers, Thomas etc. - it's not the end of the world because we have depth to the squad. We're not having to play players who are either gash or disinterested; if squad players show either of those attributes, they won't be here for long. Certainly not in the first team squad.

We'll not have to give anyone away this time because none of them are on wages far beyond their ability. Which makes a nice change.

Another very good point. No Hammonds hanging around our necks like albatrosses.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Very true.
    Bit harsh on roygbiv that, I quite enjoy his monthly loan updates!

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post

Long
    Hussey
    Heneghan
    Lafferty
    Carruthers
    Thomas
    Hanson
    Lavery
    Ched

Long is still a puppy in goalkeeper terms, Evans can still come good once he’s fully fit and Thomas shouldn’t be written off just yet nor should Heneghen.
    Lavery , Hanson, Hussey should be given free transfers and Carruthers should be loaned.
    Not sure about Lafferty

There’s a few ifs and buts about players who still could come good like JE mentions, but isn't it refreshing to see the squad so tight and organised compared to previous managers?

i think chris will be looking to move at least 6 on in the summer personally i would then like him to bring at least 3 more quality players in especially a proven goalscorer at this level but of course they dont come cheap as proved by piggy madines move to cardiff gonna be another very interesting summer down at the lane of course a lot depends on any new investors coming in or if the boy wonder stays or goes dont think we can lose either way so long as chris is given a good wedge of any sale of brooks and if he does stay with us what a player we will have for next season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast