+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs away

Two holding midfielders and a left-back a priority this summer and fingers crossed Devlin is the centre back answer. Pretty sure the rest of the team would be pretty grateful if the manager stuck with 4-2-3-1 - the ill discipline, frustration and ineffectiveness should deter future tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    "The Dons are playing a three-man defence" taken from Willie Miller on BBC. We never ever ever play well in a back 3. It's stupid and we can't play it, especially with Considine & AOC being 2 of the 3.
    No point arguing with this clown I’m afraid.
    He’s right.
    Everyone else, including Michael Stewart, Willie Miller et al are all wrong :-)

Completely over run, lightweight in midfield and bizarre tactics by McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It’s not patter you muppet.
    It’s fact.
    You’re clueless.
    Everyone is saying we started with 3 at the back.
    F*ck off and stop talking sh1te.
    If our best defender ever also has said “Aberdeen have been a defensive shambles & 3 at the back hasn’t worked”, then I’ll believe him rather than you FFS!
    You’re making a pap of yourself.
    Carry on
    Yet more beautiful musings RST. When one of your alleged back three is allowed to spend a hellavah lot of time in the Hibs right back area during the first half, then I think it's reasonable to question the view that says we started with a back three.

I thought we actually defended fairly well in the first half. I thought today's game was lost in midfield. Once Hibs scored they got their tails up and went for the kill while we wilted badly. Too many passengers being out fought.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Pretty sure the rest of the team would be pretty grateful if the manager stuck with 4-2-3-1 - the ill discipline, frustration and ineffectiveness should deter future tinkering.
    A lesson that has been taught numerous times and yet here we are. Abject failure yet again and still my guess a manager that will be pig headed enough to attempt the same tactics in our next game.

McKenna would be as well ****ing off in the summer. He'll just pick up bad habits from O'Connor and Considine.

We started off with a 3-4-2-1 type formation.

Woodman
    O'Connor McKenna Considine
    Logan McLean Chidi GMS
    McGinn Christie
    Rooney

Logan and GMS wingbacks supposed to be providing width.

Then as we went 2-0 down we went back to our normal 4-2-3-1.

Atrocious today, that was worse than any of the OF games this season and only beaten by that loss to Motherwell at home (still the worst showing I've seen any Aberdeen side play).

Hibs were motivated and were at us for the full 90,surely Aberdeen knew this was coming?

Mutant heed McGinn ran the show today.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    McKenna would be as well ****ing off in the summer. He'll just pick up bad habits from O'Connor and Considine.
    Just a shame we don’t have an experienced international that he could learn from

What the f*ck was that? We basically gave them the game. Three central defenders with two wing backs is never going to work for a number of reasons. It puts Considine in as the left side of a back three, which isn't a great idea, especially as it puts GMS in as the left wing back. That could only ever work if the other team have no attacking threat. Putting GMS that far back means he isn't going to be running into the box or anywhere near it. Having McGinn playing on the same side as GMS can't work with Rooney on the field as he will get no service and therefor is just a waste of a shirt.

That formation gives everyone someone to pass to all the time and so they don't really have to take responsibility and run with the ball. When we run with the ball we can be devastating but when we just pass it around a lot we almost never are. Bringing May on might have been a good idea as he is more mobile than Rooney, but with the defence still in the same mess, it didn't really matter.

I thought Christie was awful today. In my opinion he hasn't really looked interested in the last few games, and today he did very little that was positive. Personally I would have taken him off and brought Stewart on at half time. I don't know what the problem with Christie is but his name shouldn't be on the team sheet until he sorts out his attitude. I am sure a lot of people will disagree with that, but it's what I think anyway.

That was winnable game which we simply conceded with our formation.

The worst thing about today is that if we’d just played our normal formation and normal game we’d likely have won.

Everything was going down one side of the pitch, McGinn, GMS and Christie all looked like they were playing on the left.

Defence was hopeless, O’Connor in particular, but the rest weren’t much better, mainly due to change in shape.

Nwakali looked ok, decent on the ball and some good tackles, but he seemed a bit lost at times. Was clearly meant to be man marking McGinn but seemed unsure how far up the pitch to follow him and where he was meant to be when we had the ball.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast