+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs away

O'Connor is pisher than Considine. He seems to have the ability to casually lose concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else is.

Personally I think he is the weakest link in our team.We have had some poor defenders in recent years.O’Conner,Taylor,Mawene,Ifil to name a few,none of them were or are good enough and neither is Considine but we seem to stick with him.

I would imagine if he wasn’t a local loon who came through the youth system and was someone we signed from the lower leagues of England he would have been binned a long time ago.
    Granted I am pished but I honestly don't think he has done that bad (barring the said games). I am not on some crusade to stick up for him and if we was permanently benched to let Shinnie take that role I would not be bothered one bit. I feel DM needs to accept that he is not good enough in big games and re-organise accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    O'Connor is pisher than Considine. He seems to have the ability to casually lose concentration.
    McInnes dropped Rogers for being a bit iffy in Dingwall, so O’Conner will get the same treatment next week*

*joke

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    McInnes dropped Rogers for being a bit iffy in Dingwall, so O’Conner will get the same treatment next week*

*joke
    No.5 is obviously never taken out the tombola.

I am normally ever the optimist with regards to Aberdeen but results or better still performances like this are very very hard to take. Just when we look like we are beginning to hit our stride and feel good coming into a big game we throw up something like today.

I am a McInnes supporter but this formation tinkering for the big occasions is growing tiresome. We have beaten Hibs twice with a 4-2-3-1 so why change it?

Re next week against Celtic I feel Chidi should get another shot. If he is played in our usual shape he will prove effective. Better option than OConnor and Ball ie he has the ability to run and tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That still doesn’t get away from the fact that Considine is pish.

We are never going to improve as long as he is in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post
    I am normally ever the optimist with regards to Aberdeen but results or better still performances like this are very very hard to take. Just when we look like we are beginning to hit our stride and feel good coming into a big game we throw up something like today.

I am a McInnes supporter but this formation tinkering for the big occasions is growing tiresome. We have beaten Hibs twice with a 4-2-3-1 so why change it?

Re next week against Celtic I feel Chidi should get another shot. If he is played in our usual shape he will prove effective. Better option than OConnor and Ball ie he has the ability to run and tackle.
    I’m afraid to say that the “big game bottlers” is a 100% correct accurate description for both the manager & majority of the team.
    We are “flat track bullies”.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That still doesn’t get away from the fact that Considine is pish.

We are never going to improve as long as he is in the team.
    Correct.
    Arguing over who is more pish between the two of them is like arguing over whether you want poked in the eye or kicked in the bollox.

BOTH are pish and if we are to improve then neither should be in the starting X1.

I'm not one for getting too carried away when we put in a good performance, or too despondent when we put in a bad one... normally...

However today was different - we could have and probably would have won that game by simply playing the way we normally do rather than whatever that system was meant to be. Sometimes McInnes tries to be too clever and ends up making a mess of things.

I'd give Nwakali another shot, only because he has more pace than O'Connor and more ability than Ball. I think he was a victim of the strange set up today - tough game for him to make his first start.

Against Celtic I'd go...

Woodman
    Logan Arnason McKenna Considine
    Nwakali McLean
    McGinn Stewart GMS
    Rooney

I'd imagine he'll go a bit more defensive though with O'Connor and Ball more likely to feature than Nwakali and Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’m afraid to say that the “big game bottlers” is a 100% correct accurate description for both the manager & majority of the team.
    We are “flat track bullies”.
    I’m not sure we are “bottlers” as such. The simple fact is, our manager thinks he is better than he is. Therefore in games against the better teams he tries to outthink the opposing manager. The results are there for everyone to see.
    Our players don’t bottle it, they just can’t figure out the managers “big game, small man, syndrome”.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast