Thread: Billy Beane Watch

Billy Beane Watch

Reight guys , as promised I'm looking into this character and see what I can unearth .

I've just posted on the Oakland A's fans forum and asked their members about him , looks a fairly active site so hopefully I'll receive some feedback .

I'll give it a couple of days then put a link up so everyone can see for themselves the comments .

I've committed the cardinal sin and called it soccer just so those west coast balloon heads know which sport I'm talking about , you know what the yanks are like .

That is a cardinal sin & there's no need for it
    I hope you color up with shame & you may even find yourself out of favor

Watched Moneyball the other day. Quite interesting.
    Seems he turned down huge sum of money to join The Red Sox to stay at Oakland. Shows great loyalty at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy501 View Post
    Watched Moneyball the other day. Quite interesting.
    Seems he turned down huge sum of money to join The Red Sox to stay at Oakland. Shows great loyalty at least.
    $12.5m and a five year deal , not a bad sum today never mind 15 years ago .

Billy Beane Watch . You're not a Keith Lemon or Ed Shearan fan by any chance Animal?

As promised some thoughts from Oakland A's fans on Billy Beane .

Some mixed comments in all honesty .

http://www.forums.milb.com/discussio...260.1?mobile=y

Very much suck it n' see mate. I'm willing to give him a chance

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    As promised some thoughts from Oakland A's fans on Billy Beane .

Some mixed comments in all honesty .

http://www.forums.milb.com/discussio...260.1?mobile=y
    Thats weer Young Nudger ez gone. He's posting on theear winding them up.

The not falling ovva themselves wi praise of our Bill a the. Summats not reyt at his baseball teeam.

He'll av' em' trying to score home runs with a football

It's like Dispatches or MacIntyre investigates.....but $hitter, innit.

In fact nowt like either.....just vvank.

Thuzzan article wi a link abart aar Bill and his spreadsh1t system on BBS Animal. A lot of it iz written in US baseball jargon a can't get mi eead rarnd but the basic issue iz it iz buggard and Bill iz calling time on it. Summats not reyt. A can't do links but Ziles might oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thuzzan article wi a link abart aar Bill and his spreadsh1t system on BBS Animal. A lot of it iz written in US baseball jargon a can't get mi eead rarnd but the basic issue iz it iz buggard and Bill iz calling time on it. Summats not reyt. A can't do links but Ziles might oblige.

Al hava a butchers at that SB , cheers mi owd .

Basically saying SB everybody's now recruiting young players because they are cheap and the Oakland A's have more competition in recruiting them now .

It's also led to older players not getting signed on when their contracts are up and it's causing an imbalance with many out of work as they head for spring training camps before the new season starts next month .

Maybe that's why he's come here because he knows his system is shot now .

Is it this one SB?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d4606ff6f2ef

anything for a pal

Chhers Ziles, thats the one.
    It's hard work reading it but the gist iz summats not reyt.

Having posted a few replies on the Oakland fans forum the one thing that sticks out is how they don't get how competitive football is here compared to baseball or even the NFL .

They can't get their heads around relegation and the loss of revenue , basically the financial consequences for failure .

They play a 170 game regular season and there's plenty of scope to lose many many games plus nobody gets relegated .

Totally different environment here to what Beane is used to dealing with .