+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT - Aren't we Dutch......

Women's 5000m - Gold

Men's 10,000m - Silver. The gold was won by Dutch born Ted-Jan Bloemen who transferred to skating for Canada (his father is Canadian) a few years back as he couldn't get a place on the Dutch team

7 Golds on the 400m track so far, 6 went to the Dutch team and the 7th to a Dutch born skater...... Pretty damned dominant in my eyes.

Back to being British today. Lizzy Yarnold and Laura Deas currently 3rd and 4th after the 1st 2 runs of the skeleton respectively 0.1 and 0.17 seconds behind the leader. Very good chance of 1 and maybe 2 medals. Go girls!!

Now I have seen it all. Women's 3000m short track relay. Two finals. a B final to decide places 5 to 8 and an A final to decide 1 to 4. The Dutch girls won the B final in a new Olympic record. Then, two of the four teams in the A final were disqualified. The Dutch got the bronze.

The A final was won in a slower time than the B final. The Dutch were fastest by 4 secoonds but "only" got bronze.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Now I have seen it all. Women's 3000m short track relay. Two finals. a B final to decide places 5 to 8 and an A final to decide 1 to 4. The Dutch girls won the B final in a new Olympic record. Then, two of the four teams in the A final were disqualified. The Dutch got the bronze.

The A final was won in a slower time than the B final. The Dutch were fastest by 4 secoonds but "only" got bronze.

Weird.
    The enlightenment there is that it was a 'race', where the time is influenced by the actions of others, not a 'time trial' where it is not

I've just found a Norwegian great great aunt so expect a competing forum thread about Norwegian success this afternoon when I've worked out which one Norway is

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The enlightenment there is that it was a 'race', where the time is influenced by the actions of others, not a 'time trial' where it is not

I've just found a Norwegian great great aunt so expect a competing forum thread about Norwegian success this afternoon when I've worked out which one Norway is
    A Norwegian won the men's 500m yesterday. Dutch 7th, 9th and 10th.

Just watched that Short Track Relay, MA...had no idea what was going on or how they decided who’d won.
    Winter sports has never been my thing to be honest, but you have to admire the courage and athleticism on show, breathtaking bravery at times...and then there’s...Curling...what an anti climax. I’ll concede that I speak from a position of total ignorance and I’m sure there’s some skill involved, but it just looks like a winter activity for bored caretakers and cleaners.

Olympic sports, something a bored office worker trains 4 years for to become a national hero and sporting role model

Curling is the winter equivalent of dressage but as least the curlers stand up some of the time

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Curling is the winter equivalent of dressage but as least the curlers stand up some of the time
    lots of sport-hate rising to the surface this afto guys! I guess having a chat about Sunday's Daytona 500 NASCAR race is out of the question...

lots of sport-hate rising to the surface this afto guys! I guess having a chat about Sunday's Daytona 500 NASCAR race is out of the question...
    No sport hate from me...don’t consider ‘brushing’ a sport.
    What is NASCAR?

Actually...on second thoughts.

P.S. Apparently one of the Russians even got done for doping in Curling...maybe it’s better when you’re stoned.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-02-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Can't have been to dissimilar to my diverted drive around Southampton this weekend due to roadworks, a 32 minute drive turned into an hour and a half, made all the better by getting stuck at a rail crossing for 15 minutes. Is it anymore exciting?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)