Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: O/T Unilever

  1. #1

    O/T Unilever

    Threatening to pull advertising off social media if they don't clean up their act. Apparently they spend 7.1bn on advertising all over the world.

    How bad is social media? What is it doing so wrong that a company the size of Unilever is going to stop using it? Can social media clean up it's act? Afterall it's just a platform for us to communicate isn't it.

    Will social media ever be tamed? Is it too late?

  2. #2
    Don't think I'm qualified to answer that Frog, not like you youngsters.

    Is that the same Unilever that closed the mustard factory in Norwich ?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Don't think I'm qualified to answer that Frog, not like you youngsters.

    Is that the same Unilever that closed the mustard factory in Norwich ?
    Transferred production but they're going to use the same ingredience.

  4. #4
    Yes it is Peri....I worked for Unilever 2006-2010 at Donny.
    Well it was Wincanton logistics Unilever contract.
    Loved the job tbh

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Transferred production but they're going to use the same ingredience.
    Yeah but ... mustard = Colmans = Norwich



    Did we win tonight


    YESSSS WEEE FERRKIN DIDD

  6. #6
    Lets just say if this site pitched Unilever for advertising it will struggle.

  7. #7
    Unilever put "Refugees Welcome" on one of their Ben and Jerrys ice cream flavours.

    Evidently they think virtue signalling is profitable, we'll see.

  8. #8
    Unilever, have very ethical approach to business and are considered leaders in developing sustainable products in an ethical way.
    This move is consistent with their ethics and brand development and demonstrates that businesses are starting to understand that they have a fundamental role to play in how society works. The business case is clear but it will play out over the longer term.

    I did post something on here about due regard for environment in football. Environment is also a very strong driver with Unilever and is also a part of their sustainability objectives (I didn’t go down too well TBH) which is why companies like Unilever need to show strong leadership in issues like this.
    PS with governments around the world more concerned with populist politics the role played by the likes of Unilevers, M & S, Interserve, Skanska et al are increasingly becoming more important to preserve the fabric of society.

  9. #9
    "Genuine Refugees Welcome" or "Economic Migrant Chancers Not Welcome" would have been my preferred message.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "Genuine Refugees Welcome" or "Economic Migrant Chancers Not Welcome" would have been my preferred message.
    This bloke is increasingly getting more rabid by the day...

    Now, we all know there's issues with immigration and have seen effects both good and bad for the region and indeed the country, and that the issue is in urgent need of proper, sensible attention from all sides of the argument, but to continually jump onto ANY topic with the same, inaccurate bullshine is quite frankly pathetic.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    This bloke is increasingly getting more rabid by the day...

    Now, we all know there's issues with immigration and have seen effects both good and bad for the region and indeed the country, and that the issue is in urgent need of proper, sensible attention from all sides of the argument, but to continually jump onto ANY topic with the same, inaccurate bullshine is quite frankly pathetic.
    What's rabid about it?

    Just common sense.

    Most "refugees" are economic migrants, as you can tell by the fact that almost all of them are men in their 20s.

    Your beloved Welfare State won't last much longer unless immigration is curbed, you can't have so many people taking out without paying in.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    What's rabid about it?

    Just common sense.

    Most "refugees" are economic migrants, as you can tell by the fact that almost all of them are men in their 20s.

    Your beloved Welfare State won't last much longer unless immigration is curbed, you can't have so many people taking out without paying in.
    Wow, how many times do you need to be told, immigration has had a NETT effect monetarily on the country, that means they put more in than they take out, that is FACT, what can't you get about that...the other facts are that this gov't is consistently and deliberately underfunding the welfare state...once again, your argument is poor to say the least, and can only lead to one conclusion really...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    What's rabid about it?

    Just common sense.

    Most "refugees" are economic migrants, as you can tell by the fact that almost all of them are men in their 20s.

    Your beloved Welfare State won't last much longer unless immigration is curbed, you can't have so many people taking out without paying in.

    "Most refugees are economic migrants". Please could you back that up with a % figure of economic migrants as opposed to genuine migrants and quote your source?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Wow, how many times do you need to be told, immigration has had a NETT effect monetarily on the country, that means they put more in than they take out, that is FACT, what can't you get about that...the other facts are that this gov't is consistently and deliberately underfunding the welfare state...once again, your argument is poor to say the least, and can only lead to one conclusion really...
    Bull****, immigration costs are 17 billion a year.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-UK-year.html

    Sweden told their citizens immigrants would pay for their pensions, then raised the pension age to 70 to pay for the immigrants' benefits!
    Last edited by great_fire; 15-02-2018 at 08:52 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    "Most refugees are economic migrants". Please could you back that up with a % figure of economic migrants as opposed to genuine migrants and quote your source?
    Even the pro-immigration, pro-open borders UN says 7/10 are so you can bet it's actually higher.

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-boat-crossing

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Wow, how many times do you need to be told, immigration has had a NETT effect monetarily on the country, that means they put more in than they take out, that is FACT, what can't you get about that...the other facts are that this gov't is consistently and deliberately underfunding the welfare state...once again, your argument is poor to say the least, and can only lead to one conclusion really...
    "19.8% of Muslims aged 16-to-74 were in full-time employment."

    Net benefit? Paying more in than they take out?

    You're shilling for the globalists.

    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ce-study-finds

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Bull****, immigration costs are 17 billion a year.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-UK-year.html

    Sweden told their citizens immigrants would pay for their pensions, then raised the pension age to 70 to pay for the immigrants' benefits!
    Haha, you really have lost the plot.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "19.8% of Muslims aged 16-to-74 were in full-time employment."

    Net benefit? Paying more in than they take out?

    You're shilling for the globalists.

    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ce-study-finds
    😂😂how ironic that you've posted a link that goes to a piece with the headline...

    "Islamaphobia holding back UK Muslims in workplace"

    Furthermore, it does state UK Muslims, not immigrants, not refugees, you've really excelled yourself this time fella...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    ����how ironic that you've posted a link that goes to a piece with the headline...

    "Islamaphobia holding back UK Muslims in workplace"

    Furthermore, it does state UK Muslims, not immigrants, not refugees, you've really excelled yourself this time fella...
    It was a Guardian link, of course that's the slant they'd put on it. Are you disputing the figures?

    It was the other thing you should have been disputing, they've actually raised the retirement age to 64 from 61 with plans to raise it further, to around 69, all to pay for the open-door immigration policy when they told the Swedish people the immigrants would pay for their pensions.

    You must be just as gullible as them is you believe immigration is a net benefit, none of those calculations in the past took account of their use of public services like the study in the link I posted does.

    And you haven't explained how a group of people, less than 20% of whom are in full employment can be a net benefit to the economy, isn't it the truth that we are subsidising them with our taxes?

  20. #20
    Where did all these bloody lefties come from anyway?

    I blame Comrade Corbyn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •