+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Unilever

O/T Unilever

Threatening to pull advertising off social media if they don't clean up their act. Apparently they spend £7.1bn on advertising all over the world.

How bad is social media? What is it doing so wrong that a company the size of Unilever is going to stop using it? Can social media clean up it's act? Afterall it's just a platform for us to communicate isn't it.

Will social media ever be tamed? Is it too late?

Don't think I'm qualified to answer that Frog, not like you youngsters.

Is that the same Unilever that closed the mustard factory in Norwich ?

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Don't think I'm qualified to answer that Frog, not like you youngsters.

Is that the same Unilever that closed the mustard factory in Norwich ?
    Transferred production but they're going to use the same ingredience.

Yes it is Peri....I worked for Unilever 2006-2010 at Donny.
    Well it was Wincanton logistics Unilever contract.
    Loved the job tbh

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Transferred production but they're going to use the same ingredience.
    Yeah but ... mustard = Colmans = Norwich

Did we win tonight

YESSSS WEEE FERRKIN DIDD

Lets just say if this site pitched Unilever for advertising it will struggle.

Unilever put "Refugees Welcome" on one of their Ben and Jerrys ice cream flavours.

Evidently they think virtue signalling is profitable, we'll see.

Unilever, have very ethical approach to business and are considered leaders in developing sustainable products in an ethical way.
    This move is consistent with their ethics and brand development and demonstrates that businesses are starting to understand that they have a fundamental role to play in how society works. The business case is clear but it will play out over the longer term.

I did post something on here about due regard for environment in football. Environment is also a very strong driver with Unilever and is also a part of their sustainability objectives (I didn’t go down too well TBH) which is why companies like Unilever need to show strong leadership in issues like this.
    PS with governments around the world more concerned with populist politics the role played by the likes of Unilevers, M & S, Interserve, Skanska et al are increasingly becoming more important to preserve the fabric of society.

"Genuine Refugees Welcome" or "Economic Migrant Chancers Not Welcome" would have been my preferred message.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "Genuine Refugees Welcome" or "Economic Migrant Chancers Not Welcome" would have been my preferred message.
    This bloke is increasingly getting more rabid by the day...

Now, we all know there's issues with immigration and have seen effects both good and bad for the region and indeed the country, and that the issue is in urgent need of proper, sensible attention from all sides of the argument, but to continually jump onto ANY topic with the same, inaccurate bullshine is quite frankly pathetic.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast