+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Unilever

....immigrants this immigrants that...muslims this..muslims that.... its tedious, its non sensical and its nasty bigoted rubbish greatfire. There is no one on this site listening to your warped world views apart from a few fellow crackpots...give it a rest. How you are allowed to stay on here but the likes of gwru who is irritating but NOT offensive baffles me...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ....immigrants this immigrants that...muslims this..muslims that.... its tedious, its non sensical and its nasty bigoted rubbish greatfire. There is no one on this site listening to your warped world views apart from a few fellow crackpots...give it a rest. How you are allowed to stay on here but the likes of gwru who is irritating but NOT offensive baffles me...
    I haven't posted in this thread for ages.

All the left on here seems to share the authoritarian mentality though I see.

Ban everyone who disagrees with you.

Don't mind people disagreeing with me just not keen on rabidly offensive people. If I was a member of a minority group, I would be offended by the stuff you put on here simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

Not sure that's the case at all fire , some of your concerns on migrants are valid but some are not .

You posted on here yesterday morning. That's not 'ages' by any stretch of the imagination.

And I am not, and never have called for you to be banned.

Life is more complicated than just 'left 'and' right '. I said that there is a very difficult and complicated discussion to be had on the impact immigration has had on many towns, and we should pressure our politicians to keep this in focus for some of the reasons you mentioned.

All I personally ask is that you:

1) research more carefully the facts that you think underpin your arguments, so that your arguments are more based on facts that 'gut feelings'

2) focus more on giving your practical, grandparent ideas on what you would like to happen going forward. My gut feeling on reading your posts is that you would like to isolate and forcibly deport Pakistani people or more generally Muslim people from the uk against their will but that may be wrong? Whatever, please stop just vague blaming and give transparent thoughts on what you would like to be done about the problems.

Otherwise, just stop posting on the matter. And I promise I will too (for which all will be bloody grateful &#128512

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not sure that's the case at all fire , some of your concerns on migrants are valid but some are not .
    And you decide what's valid?

Not at all authoritarian.

And you decide what's valid?

Not at all authoritarian.
    No I don't decide what's valid but generally speaking society does and in all fairness you hold certain views that are generally considered to be minority although you are fully entitled to them .

Immigration is a very complex issue and I can reconcile with some of your points .

It's all about finding the right balance , I don't think it was the greatest strategy to open the doors to EU migrants and I believe we should have exercised more control on the numbers pouring in to the UK .

But as I've tried to engage with you before on this matter the NHS and Social Services would collapse without it , have we a plan to in place that covers that ? , no we haven't .

We have absolutely thousands upon thousands of low paid jobs in the UK that have to be covered by someone , the left didn't create that the neoliberals did .

They shut down the skills in mining , steel and manufacturing and replaced them with lesser skilled jobs and the pay to go with it .

The last left leaning government came just after WW2 everything that followed was either pretty centrist or neoliberal .

Personally I don't like the EU and I voted accordingly in the referendum , too little democracy going on in Brussels and an agenda to create a super state in my opinion , not for me .

I'll say one thing about Farage even though the bloke is an absolute c@ck , he had the EU's number and I'll give him that .

70-80% of people think immigration is too high, hardly a minority.

Is it 70% or 80%, once again taking a wild guess GF, with mo basis in the truth.

Immigration is a major issue, and many people have worries about it, but don't kid yourself that they hold the same rabid views on people that you do, because that is far from the truth.

Nobody that I can see doesn't share your concern about migration levels being too high, at least in light of the lack of integration and the subsequent tensions this has caused.

What I think many find risible from you is repeated assertions that some immigrant groups are lazy, an economic drain on our services, unwilling to integrate, contain an unusually large number of terrorists or pedophiles, are unwilling as a community to join us in challenging terrorism, that certain groups are consciously planning to 'take over' Western culture.

And I personally note that you repeatedly refuse to answer my questions about what you would like to see 'done' about the groups that you target for criticism, that you refuse to accept any responsibility for integrating with these groups yourself which frankly makes you as bad as some of the minorities that you complain about.

All of these unfortunately for you, together with your repeated tendency to back up your opinions with data/reports that are continually found weak and flawed (at which point you meekly change the subject), demean the valid areas of discussion that you want to put over.

I would respect you a lot more if you just came out and said "I want X groups forcibly removed from my country" or "I refuse to integrate with X groups" or "I bloody hate X groups" - at least then we'd see what I think what you are really about. You certainly never say anything to contradict these statements when I have repeatedly given you the 'opportunity'!

Nobody has said that you are not entitled to these views, but we are also entitled to hold them up for what they are: bigoted, misguided, myopic and at times ridiculous.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast