+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 112 of 112

Thread: Match Thread vs. Carlisle Utd. 13/02/18

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Ah, here's one who's too dumb to understand it! I backed my team to lose, went down to ML, really enjoyed the win. Even though we played poorly, the three points meant I drove home as happy as a pig in sh!t.



    You couldn't have said much less.
    Minus an additional £10 that you donated to Ladbrokes.....hahahaha

    Be positive guys n gals, ignore this fool......back your team, feel good that we won, collect your winnings....simple.
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 14-02-2018 at 11:41 PM.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Minus an additional £10 that you donated to Ladbrokes.....hahahaha
    Ladbrokes were only offering 11/4, so my tenner went to Bet365. I am much happier with the 3 points for Notts than I would have been with a few quid in my pocket, but you are obviously too dumb to comprehend that.

  3. #103
    That is the bit Tarqs is missing. When he is backing the boys to the hilt, they lose, he has lost twice. Financially and emotionally.
    I notice he showed his winning bet from Tuesday but wouldn’t list a losing bet v Barnet, Exeter or Crawley.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Ladbrokes were only offering 11/4, so my tenner went to Bet365. I am much happier with the 3 points for Notts than I would have been with a few quid in my pocket, but you are obviously too dumb to comprehend that.
    Most people go through life with a set of aims and goals, they strive to achieve some measure of success....everyone has a different set of standards ie do you want to be an operatic tenor or just impress your mates in a karaoke bar, do you want to be a Premiership star or a decent member of the Dog and Duck Pub team?

    Obviously you might need to adapt your goals as you progress ie settle for something lower if and when you realise that you are not going to achieve your original aims.

    What I struggle to comprehend is someone who states publicly their desired result, but then publicly backs the opposite result just in case they are wrong?......which is why I stated that you continually sit on the fence, safe in the knowledge that you either have a personal victory or a financial gain.

    You wanted Remain....did you back Brexit?
    You vote Labour.....did you back Tory?
    You support Notts....but back them to lose and Forest to win?......I remember you bragging about betting us to be relegated last season....to me it is a weird way to approach life.
    When you follow your Elite horses....do you back all the other runners in case your one falls over?

    Now I am sure that there is a medical or psychological term for a person that is so afraid of failure, that he feels the need to hedge his bets to nullify the pain of losing, most people just take it on the chin and move on...maybe they even become stronger for it.

    IMO you suffer from an innate feeling of insecurity, both in your personal and public life...a fear of rejection in life in general and by your peers, probably stemming from rejection during early childhood.....this had led you to becoming an optimistic pessimist.....or a pessimistic optimist....or possibly something else.

    That therapy session was a freebie....on the house.

    ps.....I strongly doubt that AH backs his various companies to lose, by selling off his company shares "just in case it goes tits up".....obviously he might take a strategic position in the marketplace, but I strongly doubt that he backs himself to lose.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    What I struggle to comprehend is someone who states publicly their desired result, but then publicly backs the opposite result just in case they are wrong?......which is why I stated that you continually sit on the fence, safe in the knowledge that you either have a personal victory or a financial gain.
    It's a Heart v Head thing tarqs. If you don't get it you're probably missing one or the other.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    That is the bit Tarqs is missing. When he is backing the boys to the hilt, they lose, he has lost twice. Financially and emotionally.
    I notice he showed his winning bet from Tuesday but wouldn’t list a losing bet v Barnet, Exeter or Crawley.
    You might need to check my betting slip again 78, I backed goals AND Notts on the basis that we would score at least one goal at home against a team that regularly concedes goals....IF we had lost the game, the score would theoretically be a minimum of 2~1 to Carlisle and my bet slip was effectively balanced.....my point is that there are ways to back Notts mentally, but still make money without backing the opposition...you can back goals, time of goals, goalscorer, corners, handicap betting etc etc

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It's a Heart v Head thing tarqs. If you don't get it you're probably missing one or the other.
    I do get it OldPie.....but the guy comes across as a bit wishy~washy when he continually backs both sides of an argument.....not just on Notts but on a range of issues....it is almost as if he likes playing Devils Advocate all the time, and it irritates me immensely

    Maybe it is me that is turning into Dog of Pavlov....grrrr....it is 3am here and I was going to ignore his post, but I could not resist the amateur psychology examination.....another 30 minutes of my life just went whoosh.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I do get it OldPie.....but the guy comes across as a bit wishy~washy when he continually backs both sides of an argument.....not just on Notts but on a range of issues....it is almost as if he likes playing Devils Advocate all the time, and it irritates me immensely

    Maybe it is me that is turning into Dog of Pavlov....grrrr....it is 3am here and I was going to ignore his post, but I could not resist the amateur psychology examination.....another 30 minutes of my life just went whoosh.
    Oh it's just easier to let him have the last word and let him "win". Go tend your goats. Must be time to get up.

  9. #109
    I’m not a betting man, which you can tell from the match day bet threads. If I was I would probably always bet against Notts for fear of putting the kaibosh on it!

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    What I struggle to comprehend is someone who states publicly their desired result, but then publicly backs the opposite result just in case they are wrong?......which is why I stated that you continually sit on the fence, safe in the knowledge that you either have a personal victory or a financial gain.
    Exactly - YOU STRUGGLE TO COMPREHEND. You are not capable of understanding something that is actually quite simple. There is no fence sitting at all - every bone in my body wants a win for Notts. No vagueness or ambiguity, I am 100% hoping for one result only. At the game I am a Notts fan for 90+ minutes, the thought of small stake fun bets never enters my head. It doesn't make you a better fan if you only back a Notts win, as it has zero influence on the game. I have backed Notts to win, lose and draw depending on where I think the value is. A simple, rational decision but apparently one a few dumbasses are incapable of comprehending.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Exactly - YOU STRUGGLE TO COMPREHEND. You are not capable of understanding something that is actually quite simple. There is no fence sitting at all - every bone in my body wants a win for Notts. No vagueness or ambiguity, I am 100% hoping for one result only. At the game I am a Notts fan for 90+ minutes, the thought of small stake fun bets never enters my head. It doesn't make you a better fan if you only back a Notts win, as it has zero influence on the game. I have backed Notts to win, lose and draw depending on where I think the value is. A simple, rational decision but apparently one a few dumbasses are incapable of comprehending.
    I can see Giant Rabbits

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I can see Giant Rabbits
    Name:  Giant Rabbits.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  45.4 KB

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •