+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Carlisle Utd. 13/02/18

Nice to see Curle keep up his superb Meadow Lane record can’t stand him.

Brisley for the record was ill tonight so not one of the back chatters haha

Huge win for us tonight performance doesn’t matter we needed that badly shame Wycombe scored last minute as we would be 3rd but all that matters is we won move onto Newport now which will be another tough one

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    3 yellow cards in 3 minutes??? what the hell is going on
    The ref was simply doing his job. I wasn't close enough to judge the earlier Noble yellow, but the other 3 were fully deserved. Husin was blatantly time wasting, Duffy gobbed off at the ref and was lucky he only got a yellow, and Allessandra kicked the ball away. You can't blame the ref for applying the laws of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The ref was simply doing his job. I wasn't close enough to judge the earlier Noble yellow, but the other 3 were fully deserved. Husin was blatantly time wasting, Duffy gobbed off at the ref and was lucky he only got a yellow, and Allessandra kicked the ball away. You can't blame the ref for applying the laws of the game.
    Cheers for that Elite... just looked a little crazy in text commentary

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I don't know about you lot but I thought Nobsa contributed absolutely NOTHING tonight. Easily the worse player on the pitch, wuddent pay him in washers.
    You have the benefit of having watched it whilst I looked after the tin lids, so fair enough. But just stepping back a minute and putting on your objective specs, would we have been better with Grant or Hawkridge starting instead of Noble? We did win, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That was a ***** but barely deserved win, and the second half was just painful to watch as we struggled to string two passes together from 60 minutes onwards. We seemed to be doing out best to give two points away, but thankfully we held on.
    Abysmal second half, how we hung on playing that deep I do not know. Painful to watch... but 3pts badly needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Now and then he gets it wrong. Who doesn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Elite ( ) sorry EP xxxx
    Not quite Smiffy. I was wrong once in 2007.

This game required a response and a result first and foremost and we got one so that is all that matter as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody has mentioned Ben Hall who I thought fitted in well and had a solid game so it was a good debut to replace the ill Brisley.

We are such a better outfit playing 4-4-2 with Jon Stead and Shola Ameobi, both lead the front line well. Stead there in the right places and the quality of Ameobi is always there to see. His strength, hold up play and distribution are class and he was unlucky to not get on the scoresheet.

Our midfield is stronger as well with Hewitt in the side and once again his return made a big difference.

We lived dangerously a few times in the first half and had a bit of a luck but at 2-0 at half time I thought we'd try and kill the game of in the second half. Unfortunately we were under pressure for a lot of the half and we were defending deep. Then when there was the moment of madness with the cards being handed out it looked like things could take a turn for the worst.

I have no idea where the referee got 7 minutes added time from but thankfully we held out. So all in all as long as we can grind out results that's the main thing and we did that tonight.

Onto Newport next who have lost three games in a row. Let's beat them at their place this time as they owe us one for us keeping them in the football league at Harlepools expense.

Just wondering with Bennett out who will partner Stead? Not sure if Ameobi can play 2 games in a week. There's Forte, but he's a confidence player and I think he's a little low on that at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Just wondering with Bennett out who will partner Stead? Not sure if Ameobi can play 2 games in a week. There's Forte, but he's a confidence player and I think he's a little low on that at the moment.
    No, he’s just rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    No, he’s just rubbish.
    Rubbish?.....Forte has scored some superb goals this season, despite knowing he was our 5th placed striker.....he keeps coming off the bench, despite being low in confidence and scoring......give the guy some credit....I would love to see the guy get a run of games as a starting striker, then we can properly judge him

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast