+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Carlisle Utd. 13/02/18

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Cracking game though....we deserved to win it and we did....total battling team display
    I suppose one out of three ain't bad*. It certainly wasn't a cracking game, the second half was awful from us. We were lucky to win, if I was a Carlisle fan I would be gutted to be going home with nothing after that. It was however a battling team display, even though we threatened to self-destruct and lost all shape we kept fighting to the end.

* I think I've worked out what happened - you inadvertently tuned in to the Juve v Spurs game.

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    No, he’s just rubbish.
    Rubbish may be a bit harsh, but Forte has done absolutely nothing to merit a starting place.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I suppose one out of three ain't bad*. It certainly wasn't a cracking game, the second half was awful from us. We were lucky to win, if I was a Carlisle fan I would be gutted to be going home with nothing after that. It was however a battling team display, even though we threatened to self-destruct and lost all shape we kept fighting to the end.

* I think I've worked out what happened - you inadvertently tuned in to the Juve v Spurs game.
    Tut tut......you are sore because you backed Carlisle to win 3~1......remember?....telling us all how you had found the betting coup of the century at unbelievable odds?.....guess why they were unbelievable?......hahahaha

Not quite Smiffy. I was wrong once in 2007.
    I remember that it was February 10th

Tut tut......you are sore because you backed Carlisle to win 3~1......remember?....telling us all how you had found the betting coup of the century at unbelievable odds?.....guess why they were unbelievable?......hahahaha
    Only in your head. I actually had a tenner on a Carlisle win at 3/1 - I never told anyone about any "betting coup of the century at unbelievable odds", that's just something you made up to try and look clever. I was delighted to lose the bet, if I could pay a tenner and Notts get 3 points every game I would happily pay £460 at the start of the season and we would finish on 138 points!

I thought we were pretty awful last night.

But we are back to winning when playing badly.

Yes we will get caught out by any side that can hit a barn door with a banjo at 2 paces, and we rode our luck, but we do deserve a little at the moment.

We just need to get a run going, increase the confidence of a few players (grant, alessandra) and shake off some injuries and we might be in with a shout still of some form of promotion.

On last nights showing though, things can only really get better.

Only in your head. I actually had a tenner on a Carlisle win at 3/1 - I never told anyone about any "betting coup of the century at unbelievable odds", that's just something you made up to try and look clever. I was delighted to lose the bet, if I could pay a tenner and Notts get 3 points every game I would happily pay £460 at the start of the season and we would finish on 138 points!
    I might try it next year. The concept that Notts win I am happy, Notts lose, though not happy will make a financial gain is something I have seldom tried.
    I might do as a double and have them over the river to win though 👌

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I might try it next year. The concept that Notts win I am happy, Notts lose, though not happy will make a financial gain is something I have seldom tried.
    I might do as a double and have them over the river to win though ��
    Funny you should say that, I often have Notts lose / Forest win as a psychological consolation bet. It's probably made a profit over the years, but was doing badly this season until they won at Wolves and we lost at home to Exeter, that one came in at odds of 35/1. For those too dumb to understand I would have preferred to lose the bet, but it helps me make the bad results slightly more bearable.

Funny you should say that, I often have Notts lose / Forest win as a psychological consolation bet. It's probably made a profit over the years, but was doing badly this season until they won at Wolves and we lost at home to Exeter, that one came in at odds of 35/1. For those too dumb to understand I would have preferred to lose the bet, but it helps me make the bad results slightly more bearable.
    Strangely enough, for those "TOO DUMB" to understand it, why not back your team to win, go down to ML, enjoy the win....collect your winnings on the way home?.....talk about hedging your bets?.....Elite must have huge splinters up his arse

For those too dumb to understand.....it is called backing your team and~or your conviction...please, please do not accept betting tips off this moron called Elite

For reference.....my winning bets from last night, including the Spurs game...PLUS my team won.....need I say more

Over 3.5 @ 5.50
    £5.00 Single
    Free Bet Offer Redeemed
    13/02/2018 19:46:08 5.00 (Free)
    Free Stake
    Net Return
    Over 2.5 @ 1.80
    £5.00 Single
    13/02/2018 19:20:10 5.00 9.00
    Notts County @ 2.20
    £5.00 Single
    13/02/2018 19:19:27 5.00 11.00
    Over 2.5 @ 2.60
    £5.00 Single
    Free Bet Offer Qualified 5.00 GBP
    13/02/2018 19:17:57 5.00 13.00

Strangely enough, for those "TOO DUMB" to understand it, why not back your team to win, go down to ML, enjoy the win....
    Ah, here's one who's too dumb to understand it! I backed my team to lose, went down to ML, really enjoyed the win. Even though we played poorly, the three points meant I drove home as happy as a pig in sh!t.

For reference.....my winning bets from last night, including the Spurs game...PLUS my team won.....need I say more
    You couldn't have said much less.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast