+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will relagation be that bad?

The table doesn't lie, we ARE the worst team in the division. Whoever people choose to blame, be it Lai, Peace, Garlic, Hammond, Pulis, Pardew, the players or FFP, that is the fact.
    I blame the penny pinching attitude down the years, buying crock or over the hill players and appointing managers no one else wants.
    It was only going to be a matter of time before we found ourselves in this position. For two successive seasons we hit 40 points early then said job done.
    Our form has been relegation form since last March. The players for whatever reason had no desire to push on. Our kids never had the chance to blood themselves at this level like Hope, Hartford, Bomber, Statham, Ally Rob, Bennett and a certain Cyrille Regis did. They are farmed out, and we are left with players whose best days are behind them.
    When do we ever get into a bidding war for an exciting player? When do we ever try to tempt a good manager from another club? The answer is never, we are a beggar sitting outside Aldi waiting for handouts.
    Will it be a bad thing? Yes.
    No Sky money, falling gates poorer players.
    I amglad some of you are looking forward to the Championship, because we will be there for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    The table doesn't lie, we ARE the worst team in the division. Whoever people choose to blame, be it Lai, Peace, Garlic, Hammond, Pulis, Pardew, the players or FFP, that is the fact.
    I blame the penny pinching attitude down the years, buying crock or over the hill players and appointing managers no one else wants.
    It was only going to be a matter of time before we found ourselves in this position. For two successive seasons we hit 40 points early then said job done.
    Our form has been relegation form since last March. The players for whatever reason had no desire to push on. Our kids never had the chance to blood themselves at this level like Hope, Hartford, Bomber, Statham, Ally Rob, Bennett and a certain Cyrille Regis did. They are farmed out, and we are left with players whose best days are behind them.
    When do we ever get into a bidding war for an exciting player? When do we ever try to tempt a good manager from another club? The answer is never, we are a beggar sitting outside Aldi waiting for handouts.
    I amglad some of you are looking forward to the Championship, because we will be there for a long long time.

Could not have been put any better - absolutely bang on! The players who think they are premiership though i.e Livermore will be kissing the badge of another club! As you say, the table does not lie, and you reap what you sow. Sadly, there are no prizes in business for hard luck stories or excuses..........

Yes it is that bad. Its a disgrace for us. Just recently we were cemented as a mid table premiership club. That is a privilege to be among the top ten clubs in Premier league football. We should be pushing on not going down. The players have themselves to blame for not having a killer mentality going into games. How long will it take us to get back? How long is a piece of string? We dont know but what we do know is that we will lose some good players and be trying to not get sucked into the dying brick (Birmingham situation) and plummet down the leagues. Pulis was able to steady the ship and at that point we should have been investing in top strikers (and I dont mean crocked strikers so it involved money) When our billionaire chairman made it clear that there wasnt any money for players????? say what?.....It became clear. NO AMBITION. ITS A DISGRACE FOR THIS GREAT CLUB.

I like your post 55 just hope we're not down their to long , we may even survive 🤣

There are 13 clubs fighting relegation from day one of each season. Eventually it comes round. It's the way it is. We are no bigger than Southampton. Newcastle, Swansea and the rest. Get a few things wrong and you are down.
    Look at Villa. They are a big club, whether we like it or not, but they aren't a mega bucks club and down they went. Sunderland similarly.
    We exist in the Prem until our number comes up. When we come back up we will struggle again.
    It's a sad but true fact.
    No point getting peed off about it, no point blaming various people.
    Last season we finished 10th. Sounds good but we were only 5 points ahead of 17th. We were 16 points behind 7th, 24 behind 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    There are 13 clubs fighting relegation from day one of each season. Eventually it comes round. It's the way it is. We are no bigger than Southampton. Newcastle, Swansea and the rest. Get a few things wrong and you are down.
    Look at Villa. They are a big club, whether we like it or not, but they aren't a mega bucks club and down they went. Sunderland similarly.
    We exist in the Prem until our number comes up. When we come back up we will struggle again.
    Last season we finished 10th. Sounds good but we were only 5 points ahead of 17th. We were 16 points behind 7th, 24 behind 6th.
    Well said Chris. My sentiments entirely.

Good post 55,

I will say to some of the last points you have made,

We will get parachute money ( lets hope were not in freefall ) for a year,

The gates have been failing for a while even while we are in the premiership because in all honesty the football has been crap.

quite a few say we have poor players so I dont know how much poorer we could sign ? I reckon luke Moore could warm our strikers up better!

In my opinion we are owned by a very rich man who will not like to see his investment rot away in lower leagues, his plan is to promote this club to the asian markets where millions tune in to watch, he is not here to promote the town , culture or history of West Bromwich, he is here to make money.

the premiership is not about the working mans penny anymore its about foreign Tv deals and the riches that come with it, we are just another pawn on the rich mans greed table, asia alone has over a billion football fans to tap into.

However,
    He made a statement this week to the club by sacking the chairman and his honcho,
    I believe Alan Pardew will be given limited time to turn it around if not then Mr Lai will sack him aswell.

Maybe the championship might wake him up a bit?

Coyb

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post

There's always someone to blame! If the profits plummet at Marks & Spencer then the CEO will take the wrap or should. So at West Brom the lack of ambition is blamed and directed at the Board year in year out - 1955 hit the nail on the head and said this has been coming for a long time and he's right!

You can't always have a get out of jail card! We deserve what we get and the table does not lie nor does the lack of points achieved. The owner has about as much passion for our club as a plant pot, and it's a dangerous game entrusting your investment to
    idiots when thousands of miles away, so he will get a sharp shock!
    Last edited by baggieal; 15-02-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Chinese by nature are long term investors. They are systematically expanding in every sector and have very ambitious plans that are aimed at future generations.
    I believe that if we are relegated they will totally rebuild the club. They don’t like to lose you know and will take relegation personally.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Chinese by nature are long term investors. They are systematically expanding in every sector and have very ambitious plans that are aimed at future generations.
    I believe that if we are relegated they will totally rebuild the club. They don’t like to lose you know and will take relegation personally.
    Was talking to someone about the Chinese the other day actually, unrelated to Albion, and he was saying that in Chinese culture it is bad luck to spend money just before Chinese New Year, but to invest it wisely in the New Year. A New Year brings new financial hope to many etc.

Interesting because the Chinese New Year generally falls in the first two weeks of Feb, straight after the January transfer window!

By the way, all of the above could be the drunken ramblings of a random man in the pub. I have no idea!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)