+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Europe ?

Europe ?

Can we qualify for any European Competion when we finish seventh?

Who knows what will happen after Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Can we qualify for any European Competion when we finish seventh?
    I think it depends on who wins the FA Cup and the EFL Cup alf, I stand corrected, but if a team in the top 4/5 win the FA Cup it drops down a place, if it does its only that nonsense Europa League thingy.

we will be out of europe then so can enter the concacaf cup instead-

Seems possible to me as rules have changed and allow winners an additional qualification spot.

If an English team wins the CL they have automatic entry to next year.
    The top 4 teams join them. (Not including the winners)

If Arsenal wins the Europa League they also get into the Champions league as Man U did this year.
    Otherwise three teams qualify one being the Cup winners the other two being 5th and 6th placed in the PL

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Seems possible to me as rules have changed and allow winners an additional qualification spot.

If an English team wins the CL they have automatic entry to next year.
    The top 4 teams join them. (Not including the winners)

If Arsenal wins the Europa League they also get into the Champions league as Man U did this year.
    Otherwise three teams qualify one being the Cup winners the other two being 5th and 6th placed in the PL
    Has Sean Even Thought ,...What if......
    Doubt It..

My own thoughts are that we are not yet ready for Europe --we need a bit more experience and a few more players.
    Europa League hasn't done much good for clubs who did not have experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    My own thoughts are that we are not yet ready for Europe --we need a bit more experience and a few more players.
    My thoughts exactly, we don't have enough strength in depth to cope with the additional games that the Europa League would impose and there isn't enough money or kudos in even winning it to jepordise our PL place,

Totally agree.

Let's give it another couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Yes I agree too though Leicester didn’t do badly in Europe theirLeague form suffered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)