+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier League TV Rights

Premier League TV Rights

The TV money seems to be going down a bit.

Sky and BT Sport have agreed to pay £4.464bn to broadcast Premier League football games for three seasons from 2019-20.

Five of seven live packages have been awarded, with bidding for the remaining two ongoing. The matches that remain up for grabs are for midweek and bank holiday fixtures.

Sky Sports is to broadcast 128 games per season, including 32 matches on Saturday evenings. Also included are Sunday afternoons, Monday nights and Friday nights. Sky paid £3.579bn (£9.3m per game; current deal is £11m per game).

BT Sport has won the rights to broadcast 32 matches per season on a Saturday lunchtimes. BT paid £885m (£9.2m per game; current deal is £7.6m per game).

2 other packages unsold, they obviously want too much money for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    2 other packages unsold, they obviously want too much money for them.
    Cue Amazon

I think it's just that bidding for the remaining two packages has not finished.

The remaining packages are:

Package F: 2 sets of full cards (1 midweek + 1 Bank Holiday = 20 matches)
    Package G: 2 sets of full cards (2 midweeks - 20 matches)

Sky can only get a maximum of 1 more package (if they are even bidding for one).

See when the @r5e falls out of this unsustainable Ponzi scheme, I will laugh myself incontinent.

Ahh ffs! I just post about this on the 'guff fitba is sh*te' thread!

F*ck knows if the bubbles bursting... but if/when it does, it's gonna be pretty spectacular..

When you consider the wage to turnover ratio of some of these clubs, it wouldnt take all that much for it to all go south. As long as these sort of sums are being paid though, the clubs will be ok. Its when a BT or Sky Sports either goes under or just says no to these packages, thats when it will burst. As long as people keep up their subscriptions, it will never end. There are still plenty of gullable Brits ploughing silly money into these subscription fee's... it needs to stop.

I’ve watched the fitba since the cable TV days in Aberdeen.....reside out of town now, however I still subscribe to Murdoch’s millions....I enjoy fitba,golf,horses and being able to watch what/when I want, helps when you gamble......for those that don’t subscribe...fair do’s....anyway,the next time you frequent the pub watching the fitba(most of us do) the legalised drug dealer is charging you a fortune for your fix(in my case,Stella) and they will use Sky/business rates as an excuse....I mind the good old days listening to Jimmy Sanderson/Bob Crampsey on the wireless with a few tins of lager and a vivid imagination as they would commentate on a 0-0 draw at Broomfield....

I don’t watch English football at all now but what’s the point in a SKY subscription, when you can get everything on it for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I don’t watch English football at all now but what’s the point in a SKY subscription, when you can get everything on it for free?
    Mag 254 box is what you need

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast