+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Oxford United Post Match Thoughts

Still dunt look fit to me Lavery breathing out of his arse and had only been on a few minutes. Gerrim running up and down those hills in the peak district Warney.

Thought it was a good game, but never felt really comfortable because Oxford played well. Mattock coming off did disrupt us a bit and I thought some players looked a little "leggy" in the last 20 minutes, hardly surprising given the amount of effort they put in.

Talking of effort, what does Will Vaulks put in his inhaler? Ford with a goal and assist was obviously favourite for MOM but for me Vaulkes was magnificent. Broke up play, pushed forward, got back, never stopped running, had vision (i.e. that little dink from a free kick to release Joe Newell in first half) and the first to acknowledge the North Stand at the end. A captain in the making.

Good games from quite a few and no one had an awful game. It just did not work out for Bally today, although he is claiming a penalty for the one missed in the first half. Some days things go against you.

If we can increase the ratio of goals scored to chances made we will be okay. UTM.

Yes Oxo were a decent footballing side.
    They passed us to death for parts of the match down at their place but the difference last night was that we are a lot tighter and more organised now at the back so we didn't concede as many dangerous positions as before.

Still a few errors creeping in but they didn't capitalise. Rodak not coming for a ball that was being shepherded back in the first half and then Semi making a fabulous pass to one of their forwards in the second.

I thought Towell was immense - even though Potter and Frecklington were absent he did both of their roles anyway. Great player

Its the first match in a long time where the MOM has seen the fans picking so many different players which is a good sign for us I reckon. Although I would still go with Forde for his goal, trickery on the wing, defensive duties and assist you could also argue players like: Towell, Vaulkes, Smith, Ajayi, Wood, Mattock, Newell also had good games. Like i say, it all bodes well for the future.

Our only fault yesterday was giving the ball away in dangerous positions at times. Ajayi did a couple of times but to his credit managed to rescue the situation,Emmanuel was also a bit sloppy but he has played really well recently so we can forgive him a one off.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 14-02-2018 at 12:59 PM.

All positive 3 points good game.

On to Shrewsbury millers 3-1

We have put ourselves in a good position now and can afford to go for it there and I can't see us not doing that. If we turn out a strong team we are more than capable of turning em over.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We have put ourselves in a good position now and can afford to go for it there and I can't see us not doing that. If we turn out a strong team we are more than capable of turning em over.
    Should be an interesting game to say the least. They are resolute, don't give much away and score quite a few late goals. Will be down to fine margins i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    All positive 3 points good game.

On to Shrewsbury millers 3-1
    What you been drinking?

Be a good game with both scoring, hopefully we come away with points

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I also thought Oxford were a decent, lively side and were tough opponents, which made for a cracking entertaining game. The midfield were immense. Mattock going off changed the flow of the game, up to that point he was on course for another MOM performance, we looked much more exposed down that side after his injury.
    Thought the ref and linesman on the east stand side were dreadful. Smith was being grappled all evening by that defender, arms all over him, and never got anything.
    All in all a really good game though.

One final note on the atmosphere. It was bobar from start to finish. This team deserve better.
    Was just going to put another minority post together until i read yours Haz, agree 100% and agree 200% (if thats possible) about the home support ABYSMAL all night, if the team had performed likewise it would have been lambs to the slaughter...0-6, truly awful support for a team undefeated in 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Was just going to put another minority post together until i read yours Haz, agree 100% and agree 200% (if thats possible) about the home support ABYSMAL all night, if the team had performed likewise it would have been lambs to the slaughter...0-6, truly awful support for a team undefeated in 12.
    Wasting your time, if the shepherd doesn’t feel up to it then the sheep don’t bother either

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast