+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oxford United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Purrington in on Saturday following Mattock's injury?
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Is he fit?

Could have had him on the bench instead of Yates because he's not going to get on.
    Ben Purrington played for the reserves on the 6th Feb, unless he's got injured since he will be fit after his hamstring tear sustained at Blackburn away.

Silly-miller is correct he will always have 2 strikers on the bench at home games, away at Shrewsbury could be a different proposition.
    Mattock should be back for Shrews game.
    Plenty of options with a decent versatile squad.....Happy Days...

Agree thought the atmosphere was poor compared to Saturday but I think , like the players, the fans were more up for that one than Oxford. Also think we are starting to get spoilt a bit; expecting to win every game now! I do think there will be plenty of atmosphere at shrews on Saturday though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller View Post
    Forde should be dropped for Bailey-King, he isn't a footballer. Taylor should be on for Newell. Newell can't last 90 minutes. I say it like I see it. I would play Lavery up front on his own and play 5 in midfield because to get that new lad from Burton in the team you couldn't drop Towell or Vaulks. Did I ever tell you what a great player Vaulks is.

Like I said I only say it as I see it.

No need for gwru to post now..... I think I have said it all.
    So you don’t have anything to say about the game?

Childish

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Blame Frog for the early sub

Thought Vaulks Towell and Newell had a great game

Should have scored more

Good to see Taylor on pitch

3 points puts us in 4th

Newell MOTM

UTMM!
    Should have added Forde to the list, midfield is coming on a treat. Superb goal from Forde

Vaulks the next captain (have I said that before )
    Last edited by millertop; 14-02-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Good performance from the lads even though it didn't hit the heights of some of the recent games.
    Although the scoreline suggests a fairly easy win, that wasn't really the case as Oxford looked dangerous on the break and Rodak made two superb saves (I do wish people would give this lad more credit, he's only 20 and is going to be a top class keeper).
    Some stand out performances and Forde probably had his best game since joining the club (even though he'll never be a winger and never does anything from open play according to one of our luminaries!).
    Happy days and on to the New Meadow full of confidence. UTM.

Childish
    Come on Topsy, lighten up 😊

Laughable how Smith got man handled most of game but ref has a word with him.

Don’t think there’s any need to have two strikers on bench at home when we have good midfielders who can get up to help at the front, Williams and Taylor

Oxford were a neat side but not a real test. Going on last night a proper left in & on the bench if possible for Yates, that would be the case home or away. I'd play Lavery for Ball who you can see why he's never played higher, he's not direct, not quick. Rest of the side same.

Warney show you are not scared to make decisions. All good managers do.

Childish
    No nothing that hasn't already been said. Funny rather than childish?

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Oxford were a neat side but not a real test. Going on last night a proper left in & on the bench if possible for Yates, that would be the case home or away. I'd play Lavery for Ball who you can see why he's never played higher, he's not direct, not quick. Rest of the side same.

Warney show you are not scared to make decisions. All good managers do.
    Ball has a slightly better goalscoring record than Lavery

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast