+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxford United Post Match Thoughts

Oxford United Post Match Thoughts

As every game is an away game to me I've decided to follow gwru's example and give them all a miss. Doesn't look like the team need me anyway!

A few late goals went against us tonight in the other games but we can only win the ones we play in and we seem to be doing that very nicely thank you very much.

Thoughts?

Keep winning, can't complain, and gone into 4th.

Sets us up well for another tough ask away to Shrewsbury - need to take our chances as their defence give very little away - happy that the momentum is sustained. Purrington in on Saturday following Mattock's injury?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Sets us up well for another tough ask away to Shrewsbury - need to take our chances as their defence give very little away - happy that the momentum is sustained. Purrington in on Saturday following Mattock's injury?
    Is he fit?

Could have had him on the bench instead of Yates because he's not going to get on.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Is he fit?

Could have had him on the bench instead of Yates because he's not going to get on.
    Maybe not but warne will always have two strikers on bench

Never broke out of second gear. We were a bit slack in defence at times and I hope Mattock is not seriously injured.Still we won and I will have that every day of the week. MOMs Forde ( was a good choice by sponsors) or Ajayi.

Vaulks was immense breaking up play

Mattock is not injured. He ran up the stairs near me on 80 min. Possibly dead leg or maybe frostbite

Start with the MOTM, Forde. Brilliant game for him tonight as he often comes in for stick as being Warne's poodle who never gets subbed. Great goal and great assist for another. Never gave their defence a minute all night. Fully deserved.Well done!

Performance from the team- Never in trouble and let in what was a well taken goal but it could have been closed down.
    Total team adherence in everything. Vaulkes was very instrumental in breaking up their play along with Towell, who took his goal well when offered the chance. Ajayi was again awesome in the air but he can still give you jitters when pissing about with the ball.

Emmanuel, not his best game but solid when it mattered. Wood was Wood and cleared anything and everything that came at him. Who said drop him tonight for Ike? Oh yeh gwru.

Newell was awesome but tired very easily in the second half? His ball to feet and dribbling tonight was a pleasure to see. He often took on and beat three of their players with ease. Great skills.

Smith and Ball battled all night and Smith was on hand to score again. Not a bad acquisition at all. Solid target man and held the ball up well. Ball, frustrating game for him and he was very unlucky not to earn a penalty in the first half and I'm baffled how the ref didn't give it. Shame the ball didn't drop for him in the second half to slot one home to cement his game.

Rodak pulled off a couple of crucial saves and came to punch when required. Confidence growing all the time.

Marks out of 10 for entertainment 9/10 for me, always in control and never in doubt we'd drop points. The wagon keeps on rolling and shows no sign of stopping. BIG game Saturday and it will really tell us how much we want it and can we mix it with the Shrews, I think we can and will.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Mattock is not injured. He ran up the stairs near me on 80 min. Possibly dead leg or maybe frostbite
    We was not at our best but had the attacking players to make the most of our chances and really we should have had a few more. Forde was very good and is playing with confidence. Smith and Ball link up well and Vaulks looked really good today and made better choices in possesion. Newell was good and I really think our wide players made the big difference today. Emmanuel had a bit of a stinker but he's been really good last few months and is young so will have the odd dodgy game.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast