+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: big night ......

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Check out @TattooedDude83’s Tweet: Ihttps://twitter.com/TattooedDude83/s...804937217?s=09
    That's a pretty standard Div1 tackle. I actually don't think he did much wrong. He just mistimed it, but the ball was there to be won. A little harsh, and he will learn from this (hopefully)
    Oldham's FB on Sat committed a far worse challenge well before he got sent off. The ref's at this level are ****e.
    Last edited by champs95; 13-02-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    It was one of those fouls where you just wait with baited breath. Probably depended on positioning in terms of how bad it looked.
    50/50, I'd say, but I wasn't surprised by the card.
    Lenihan is a fearsome-looking bloke. Good to have him back.
    Once both Lenihan & Mulgrew settle back in together, we will be so solid at the back. But we stood firm tonight, which was impressive.
    And as you mentioned, we have loads of attacking options (good choice giving Graham a rest who had looked a little jaded) and also Antonnson is well on his way back aswell. We may even see Chapman before the seasons out.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Aucks I was about to say ‘ask Aucks’ as I have a suspicion you ventured onto the comments section LT of live match report - yes? Home thoughts from abroad ???
    Ps I believe I know ‘Tinnery’ from some way back. A v v uncompromising ctr back !
    Guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Once both Lenihan & Mulgrew settle back in together, we will be so solid at the back. But we stood firm tonight, which was impressive.
    And as you mentioned, we have loads of attacking options (good choice giving Graham a rest who had looked a little jaded) and also Antonnson is well on his way back aswell. We may even see Chapman before the seasons out.
    These modern line-ups are a bit of a puzzle, Champs. Samuel showed some nice touches, but he looks like a support striker - not a centre-forward. He doesn't quite see the runs in the same way as Graham. I think perhaps the same is true of Antonsson. However, when you're not playing 4-4-2, someone like Dack is used instead, in that sort of floating role. Both Armstrong and Payne look like they might be able to do that too, which means you would have to push Samuel or Antonsson a bit wider, which Mowbray HAS tried at times.
    It's not a bad problem to have, especially when you consider Nuttall, Bennett, Conway and Chapman as well, but I'm b*ggered if I know what the best combination is.
    Presumably, TM will continue to mix and match according to the opposition.
    Waiting in the wings, we also have Whittingham, Gladwin and Tomlinson. A real puzzle.
    One thing, though: on today's evidence, it will be hard to keep Lenihan out of the team for long. He's got that sort of raw-boned aggression that the best defenders have. It might be difficult to hang on to him in the close-season.

By ‘mix and match’ I think you mean ‘tinkering’ - yes ? 😉

I still think Travis will have a huge future at the club and in football
    A true utility man who will become very useful
    Last night is just that youthful exuberance just hope his confidence isn't knocked by this
    A nod to the academy
    Raya first team
    Nyambe first team
    Lenihan first team
    Travis fringes of first team
    Tomlinson potential
    Things are looking a little rosier in the garden.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)