+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings vs Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Duffy lost his head tonight it's as simple as and just would not let it go. The referee is not going to change his mind no matter how much anyone argues, or complains regardless of whether a player is incensed or thinks it's unjust. We the fans know all too well and get just as angry and incensed with them. The thing is the fans can and will let the referee know what they think and he will hear, but he can't send us off. Thankfully Jon Stead came to the rescue as Duffy was on the verge of talking himself into a red card the way I saw it.
    Duffy was lucky, very lucky, he actually had his hands on the ref after he was carded with that alone he should have been gone but the ref let it go. This was 3 or 4 yards in front of KN, he should have got Duffy away but he didn't ???. it was left to Stead to ...come pelting over to get Duffy away.Husin should not have been booked he was nothing to do with the time wasting throw in it was Jones at fault.
    It was a very tense last 20 minutes you could just feel that Carlisle were going to get a goal or 2, thankfully it was only 1, we have just got to stop conceding these soft giveaway goals, it may just cost us getting out of this league.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBulwell View Post
    Duffy was lucky, very lucky, he actually had his hands on the ref after he was carded with that alone he should have been gone but the ref let it go. This was 3 or 4 yards in front of KN, he should have got Duffy away but he didn't ???.
    Red card makes it very easy to drop a player Look at Fitz. I don't think he's played since his faux pas*.

Noble to me looks a decent player, he can pass, can tackle and isn't afraid of a a shot. I don't get the hate on here for him. Of the couple of times I've seen him play he's looked pretty decent (I'm in the north east so can't get to every home game).

* I could be wrong

Agree with the general consensus on this thread.

Hewtt/Husin has the makings of a great partnership for the future and even better that they are both 'Notts' players. I thought Husin was close to motm last night. Was by far his best game in a Notts shirt, constantly harried and made a nuisance of himself coupled with some nice touches and a few clever passes.

Hewitt was clearly still under the weather and we never really saw much of him second half as he faded and this is definitely one of the reasons we decided to try and sit back and protect the lead rather than going for the jugular.

Solid debut for Hall, looks like he will be a good addition.

Stead & Shola both did what they do best. Stead is proving to be one of the hardest working consummate professionals this club has seen for some years, just wish he was 24 not 34 lol.

Duffy, oh Duffy. His histrionics are getting worse and becoming embarrassing. Really needed shipping out last summer. He was greatly improved in first part of the season but you get the measure of a man and a leader when things are not going your way and he is now proving to be nothing but a petulant, foot stamping child and is most definitely not what I would call a leader of men, not from what we have witnessed on the pitch anyway. Drop him, take the armband off him, give it to Stead and let Hall and Brisley try and build a partnership for the remainder of the season.

Collin, has the ability to make the odd good save but flaps about like a chicken when there's a fox in the coop. Weak wrists, no command of his own box and absolutely dreadful distribution. Fitz was definitely a prat with his sending off but we need him back in goal, I'm not sure Collin even gets his fingers in his gloves properly.

Jones, great going forward, terrible at defending.

Tootle & Aless both performed as you would expect them to. Real shame Tootle dragged his shot wide first half as that was a lovely move.

Finally Noble. I still have mixed views on this. He certainly put a shift in last night but found himself out of position way too often for my liking. This might however be because he wasn't playing in his natural position which is fair enough. His vision for a killer pass and his dead ball delivery is an improvement though on what we have seen previously but still think he is missing something in his game, just can't put a finger on it.

Overall thankful for the 3 points. Signs in the first half we can match anyone in this league on our day. Should have gone for the kill second half but decided to protect the lead, played too deep and invited the pressure, KN mentioned this in his post match interview so hopefully something they can work on before Newport Saturday.

Collin didn't have a bad game, he was caught flat footed for the shot that deflected and hit the post from what I remember but it did look odd, I'd have to see the replay again to be sure and he was fouled when coming for a cross but the ref was letting players do whatever they liked to goalkeepers all game for once, we benefitted from it on our scrappy goal and someone also flattened their keeper second half and the ref saw nothing wrong with it. He made a couple of decent saves and dealt with most crosses well enough whereas Fitz would've sat on his line and prayed for Duffy to win a header in the box...

The yellows were a joke, Noble's booking for jumping out the way of a bad tackle was just stupid, if he didn't jump out of the way it's a definite foul and Liam is probably getting hurt but it's yet another case where even if the ref doesn't think it's a foul it doesn't mean he has to book the player for diving as he was jumping out the way of incoming contact (albeit dramatically).

Husin was quite clearly walking down the line with the ball looking at the referee asking where the throw in was from, he wouldn't have even been the one taking it considering he'd not taken a throw in all game and didn't end up taking that one, we were doing things slowly from the start but that was probably the one occasion where he couldn't have done much more to avoid a booking.

Duffy's booking was a result of his complaints to Husin's yellow which is easily avoided if the ref doesn't make that mistake but he still needs to shut up and get on with it, he's never going to rescind a yellow card because you complain about it.

Allessandra seemed to get booked for a foul throw, not a clue what happened there unless it was his reaction after probably being so amazed that a referee was actually pedantic enough to give a foul throw for once.

The massive amount of injury time was obvious too, when we made the substitutes Drysdale made no attempt to speed up our players getting off the pitch as refs usually do and I said at the time that he was doing that so he could justify a high amount of injury time.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBulwell View Post
    Duffy was lucky, very lucky, he actually had his hands on the ref after he was carded with that alone he should have been gone but the ref let it go. This was 3 or 4 yards in front of KN, he should have got Duffy away but he didn't ???. it was left to Stead to ...come pelting over to get Duffy away.Husin should not have been booked he was nothing to do with the time wasting throw in it was Jones at fault.
    It was a very tense last 20 minutes you could just feel that Carlisle were going to get a goal or 2, thankfully it was only 1, we have just got to stop conceding these soft giveaway goals, it may just cost us getting out of this league.
    I'm pretty sure it was Husin who put his arm on the ref and not Duffy. I don't think it was aggressive, but still not a very bright thing to do. Those three needless bookings infuriated me. The ref was right to book Husin for time wasting, he had the ball in his hands pretending he didn't know where the throw-in should be taken. He was also right to book Duffy for dissent (and could have gone further), and right to book Allessandra for stupidly kicking the ball away. The problem is the yellows left each player one mis-timed tackle away from leaving us to see the game out with ten men, and we struggled enough with eleven.

I'm over in Sorrento so missed the match, good to read the players ratings and the comments. Sounds a wee bit like we are still huffing and buffing a bit and not convincing.....

Matter of interest what was the attendance last night and how many did Carlisle bring (poor sods having to travel all that way on a cold February day/night)

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    I'm over in Sorrento so missed the match, good to read the players ratings and the comments. Sounds a wee bit like we are still huffing and buffing a bit and not convincing.....

Matter of interest what was the attendance last night and how many did Carlisle bring (poor sods having to travel all that way on a cold February day/night)
    They missed you and your clan so only 3,889 (243), or as AH tweeted "Shame 13,000 from the Crewe game missed a cracking game and see us get back-to-back wins at Meadow Lane."

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Husin who put his arm on the ref and not Duffy. I don't think it was aggressive, but still not a very bright thing to do. Those three needless bookings infuriated me. The ref was right to book Husin for time wasting, he had the ball in his hands pretending he didn't know where the throw-in should be taken. He was also right to book Duffy for dissent (and could have gone further), and right to book Allessandra for stupidly kicking the ball away. The problem is the yellows left each player one mis-timed tackle away from leaving us to see the game out with ten men, and we struggled enough with eleven.
    Yeah it was Husin who grabbed the ref's arm, did make me worry a bit at the time, Drysdale is exactly the kind of ref to react like someone with leprosy had touched him and given a straight ref for it.

Battled well but as usual we were left nervously eyeing the clock.silly bookings and a below average goalkeeping performance. Hall looks a great asset, have like husin since his arrival.noble looked better, Hewitt is a no brainer brings every player together and controls midfield.duffy was an embarrassment get him out the side!! Didn't miss hawkridge. Stead was exemplary again , please stop the detracters on here . Sholas back to form and allesandra was a constant thorn in their side.needed subs earlier.

Duffy should have been sent off, only reason is he would miss games, and give someone else a chance, Nolan won't drop him even when he helps the opposition to score

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast