Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
For what it's worth, I think Duffy was fouled in the build-up to their goal, but he does himself no favours at all with the repeated theatrical "Aaaaarrrggghh" then falling to the ground. His gobbing off at the ref was plain stupid, and the fact he continued after being carded could easily have left us with 10 men. One second half error apart, I thought Ben Hall had an impressive debut, and once Brisley is fit looks worth a chance as his partner in central defence.
I agree. I commented at the time that it was a case of ‘boy who cried wolf’ with him in that scenario; he may have been fouled but he’d gone down so many times this game alone it was hard to sympathise. In the area of the pitch he’s in, it’s just not worth the risk and Nolan really needs to tell him to eradicate it immediately.

The backchat was unbelievable; the ref had clearly lost the plot and was carding every Notts player that moved, but he still wasn’t deterred and looked around 2 seconds away from an instant second yellow. Credit to Stead for saving him from this, but Duffy’s conduct all game hardly screamed ‘captain’. The Main Stand made their feelings known and gave him short shrift on both of these occasions.