+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can Warne beat Evans old record?

Can Warne beat Evans old record?

As we move onto 12 unbeaten the question has to be asked, can the current side beat the old record set by Evans, which was 16 games unbeaten?

Big test on Saturday against Shrewsbury. Get a result from that and you have to start to believe it can be done.

This season has shades of the '89 season when we came from a mile back chipping away at Crewe's lead and it culminated on us winning 3-0 at Gresty Road.

We did similar in '82 came from miles back to catch Oldham culminating in us winning 3-0 at Oldham.

Could we win 3-0 at Shrewsbury?

Loyal, one things for sure, Hursty won't be relishing this game!

An own goal or a deflection off someone's @rse in the 90th minute will do me.
    Tough match away however there are no gimme's.
    We will be looking for the win with a minimum of a point.
    Bought my ticket then had to get rid, gutted I can't make this one.

Ps....Steve Evans record will take some beating...as you well know Brin lad....

If we don’t lose at Shrews then we will go on til end of season so yes we will break the record

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    As we move onto 12 unbeaten the question has to be asked, can the current side beat the old record set by Evans, which was 16 games unbeaten?

Big test on Saturday against Shrewsbury. Get a result from that and you have to start to believe it can be done.
    If I am not mistaken the old record is 17 games undefeated in the 1960s.

Shrewsbury, Donny, Gillingham and Rochdale are our next four opponents, so if we can get owt at Shrewsbury then you'd have to think matching Evans' record is doable. Northampton after them, another one that looks very winnable at this moment in time.
    Whatever the record is and who claimed it, the very fact we're talking about it being doable is a huge achievement. 12 months ago we were talking about 12 games without a win etc.