+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The business end.

The business end.

Derby will plummet as usual.
    Cardiff may well,but Colin may beat the odds.
    Bristol will fold.
    Fulham will hit a wall.

If we can regain 75% of our earlier season ruthlessness the play offs beckon. Brooks return will scare the living crap out of everyone we face. We need to keep feeding the front 2. Stop overplaying,go back to the high press and absolutely keep the tempo for the remaining fixtures. Our squad is both big enough and contains sufficient strength in depth to do all this.
    Exciting few months ladies!

Really looking forward to the rest of the season,promotion and winning the Cup,is my forecast.

how many points you two do you think we will need to get 5th or 6th i thought 73 might be enough but had a rethink and 76 might be nearer to it utb ftp

I reckon 76 which requires 27 from 45 available.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    I reckon 76 which requires 27 from 45 available.
    It would be the first time in decades that I have actually felt confident about our chances in the play offs. Great squad to choose from now. No reason why we shouldn't make it.

We need to get off to a good start next week and beat QPR. We’ll need to be on our game, Ollie’s given them a hard side that they lacked. I expect it to be yet another bus parking exercise so we’ll need to stay focussed at the back without Fleck in midfield and be patient. We’ll have to get behind them so maybe it’ll be a good game to unleash the Brooks.

A win would give us back to backs, and the chance to really kick on with the games coming up.

If we keep in touch then i feel it will be at the expense of Bristol City. The last game of the season could be an absolute blockbuster!

Really hope we can stay in the mix and get in the playoffs. If we got to Wembley it would be 5th time lucky for me and surely we cant lose another final!!!!

Cant wait to have Brooks back in there and we go back to our earlier devastating style!

Come on you red n white wizzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaards!!!

right so you think same as me then sbt realistically weve got to win 8 out of our last 15 at least then might get away with just 7 but certainly looks like we cant lose more than 3 or 4 and yes weve got to start by beating qpr next tuesday think weve only got 6 left at home after that

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Really hope we can stay in the mix and get in the playoffs. If we got to Wembley it would be 5th time lucky for me and surely we cant lose another final!!!!

Cant wait to have Brooks back in there and we go back to our earlier devastating style!

Come on you red n white wizzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaards!!!
    In our previous finals there was pressure and expectation to win.

This season there’s no pressure, it would be a bonus.
    So I’d go to Wembley this with a much more relaxed attitude and I’d actually enjoy myself instead of being a nervous wreck.

Unfortunately I don't feel that confident anymore. It's just United get you that way. We were looking unbeatable there for a while but I think our slump over the last 3 months will prove too costly and the mindset has changed a bit amongst our players. They've lost their way a bit as the results haven't come, and subconsciously allowed it to affect their play.

Of the top six, only Bristol City look like they might mess it up, Derby could stutter a bit but still end up in the play offs, and I still think Middlesboro will put a good run together to overtake us.

If we get in the play offs Fulham would be too good for us in a one off game or over two legs in a cup tie sort of scenario, Sessignon and half a dozen others would full of confidence take the pi55
    Villa and Bristol City if they get there will be too lucky for us
    Cardiff will just blitz us with quick, strong, attacking direct players and Warnock just won't allow them to lose against us.

If Derby end up in the play offs we might have a chance, same with Preston. But they are the only two that I think we can beat and the chances of getting one of them in the Semi and the other in the final is virtually nil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast