+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I being irrational here?

Am I being irrational here?

Just seen some 'training' pictures entitled 'graft' from the official LUFC page.

First off I must agree with 99% of the comments that point out these lads have never seen a days graft in their lives they wanna try working 50+ hours a week.

But what REALLY bugs me and I'm probably being stupid but its seeing them train in tracksuit bottoms. It REALLY REALLY irritates me! Now, I'm no pro and never have been but I did and still do play and I can honestly say I'd find it impossible to train properly wearing tracksuit bottoms, it just isn't the same.

How can you prepare for a proper match day if you're not wearing the correct attire? It might seem minor and small but you play in shorts so you should train in shorts (Don't mind the boys wearing those compression tights though to keep an extra bit of warmth).

Wasn't a surprise the ones out there in shorts either likes of Forshaw, Vieira, Jansson, Dallas, Lassoga, Berardi.

Am I going over the top? Not saying we will win promotion but you should train how you play in my opinion that includes getting rid of those bloody snoods, keep warm by putting some hard yards in, if you need a snood you aint working hard enough. Not like it was bloody snowing out there.

Yes you are being irrational mate, the training clobber they wear is light similar to running gear. Funny I was thinking the exact opposite to you when I watched some of the training clips, in the freezing cold, this is February not the middle of summer.
    Having suffered with hamstring problems, those players are asking for trouble not keeping their muscles warm. Training is nothing like a match environment, usually a lot of stop start and hanging about as coaches go over moves, hence players injured need time adjusting to a proper match tempo.

edit: how many of the players you mention have been out injured this season with muscle injuries

jumpers for goalposts.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    jumpers for goalposts.

Dog turds for defenders lol

The great old days.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    Dog turds for defenders lol

The great old days.
    there are plenty of dog turds for defenders, this club have had a multitude of them for many years. lol

Last year we may have had the best defense in the championship.

Aye a defence so good that when it mattered we stopped winning games and we failed in our objective to win promotion

It's all about now mate, when we have our squad back properly which sounds like it might be in time for the Derby match, then we shall see what our team is really made of!

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Last year we may have had the best defense in the championship.
    Bartley.

Compression tights. They are tights to me and should be banned and ridiculed. I would love to still be playing with my sunday side and see what happens if someone came out wearing those. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by magnificowhite View Post
    Compression tights. They are tights to me and should be banned and ridiculed. I would love to still be playing with my sunday side and see what happens if someone came out wearing those. Makes me smile just thinking about it.
    Doubt you were as fit as these lads who have more to risk, it's the usual "man" thing look how tough I am, they are training tights and manufactured for a reason, training is nothing like a match... still lets insist they dispense with training attire and to hell with hamstring, knee tendonitis and such injuries for matchday's

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)