+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you know # 25...

Did you know # 25...

..that according to the Gleadless Pillock that the Pigs Kop was on a par with Newcastle, Man U and Liverpool for noise and that according to another they had 30000+ crowds at reserve games. On Piggy Heaven so it must be true.

Shoreham St has been compared many times to those greats,ask Pochetino for one.

Just look at the National Awards over the years too.

Name:  46B860AD-4179-473E-A3C3-B0F2EC46BD12.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  8.9 KB

Amazing that they had 30,000+ for reserve games but the first team hasn't had a 30,000 average for over 50 years

1) You have to be sick in the head to brainwash your children

2) You have to be a feckin idiot to be brainwashed to that degree

Did you know that every game Waddle played at the Rustbucket, it was a sell out.

Did you know that their pitch is not a real Desso,unlike ours which is the real McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Did you know that every game Waddle played at the Rustbucket, it was a sell out.

Did you know that their pitch is not a real Desso,unlike ours which is the real McCoy.
    Probably like many Blades through the years I was brainwashed into thinking the Pigs average support was thousands in front of ours. I was told all about every attendance in the 40's and 50's being 50000+. As they had the best trophy record and a magnificent ground I took this for granted. Then came the WWW. You can check attendances from the 1890's to yesterday. It appears that their average is a little under 2000 more than ours. If you take out their halcyon years in the late 40's/early 50's and ( ours too at the same time ) it comes down to just over 1600. An aged Blade always told me if we'd had had half what the Pigs had our attendances would be well clear of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Probably like many Blades through the years I was brainwashed into thinking the Pigs average support was thousands in front of ours. I was told all about every attendance in the 40's and 50's being 50000+. As they had the best trophy record and a magnificent ground I took this for granted. Then came the WWW. You can check attendances from the 1890's to yesterday. It appears that their average is a little under 2000 more than ours. If you take out their halcyon years in the late 40's/early 50's and ( ours too at the same time ) it comes down to just over 1600. An aged Blade always told me if we'd had had half what the Pigs had our attendances would be well clear of theirs.
    Half of what Mahatma? Delusion to the ability to tell Porkies?

Well, their 24,000 in mid week, with, I imagine, a healthy support from Derby meant that they fell a little bit further behind us.
    And looking at the highlights on TV it looked like there was about 15,000 there

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Half of what Mahatma? Delusion to the ability to tell Porkies?
    No I meant a world class ground, forward thinking boards and ability to spend. This was mainly in the fifties and sixties. At least they got what they paid for, Tommy Craig record buy for a ****ager was always someone I think should have done better. Now they pay £10.4 million for a goalscorer who can't score, and £6 million on an average midfield player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast