+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traditional ‘dip’ or annual crisis?

Cor blimey, the doom and gloom around here. Relax gents it was just Groundhog Day

Looking at what has happened in 2018 I will advocate, as I did in the other thread, a more positive approach to games. Let's go 5 up top rather than 4 and take the initiative.

I don't see it as doom and gloom ROM, rather an honest acceptance of reality!! If we make the play-offs that will be a huge step forward and a great reward for the work put in by the management and players. It'll provide a real base for further improvement and devlopment and, as I say, who knows in the play-offs!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I don't see it as doom and gloom ROM, rather an honest acceptance of reality!! If we make the play-offs that will be a huge step forward and a great reward for the work put in by the management and players. It'll provide a real base for further improvement and devlopment and, as I say, who knows in the play-offs!!
    Absolutely right Mac. It’s not doom and gloom, wasn’t meant to be anyway.
    At the moment Villa look more likely. That can all change but the thread was just an objective assessment of what’s happened in the last six weeks or so and a question about where we’re likely to go from here.
    It’s all head and heart stuff anyway. My ‘heart’ may be desperate for us to clinch automatic promotion, while my ‘head’ is far from certain it would be such a good thing or such a major set back if we have to go again next August.
    Course, should we end up a Wembley, the ‘heart’ will assume complete control.

I was speaking to a Forest fan this morning who said any of their fans that think they are safe are kidding themselves.... I certainly wouldn't swap with them. Play offs be a good season for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    I was speaking to a Forest fan this morning who said any of their fans that think they are safe are kidding themselves.... I certainly wouldn't swap with them. Play offs be a good season for us.
    Had lunch with a Forest fan yesterday by coincidence. He reckons they’re far from safe and they do have quite a tricky run in culminating, in Bolton away I think...could prove to be a them or us decider, so I suppose they’re definitely having their annual, perennial even, crisis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)