+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AFC Programme

AFC Programme

I might be in a minority of one but I think the AFC Programme is too long ( 75 pages) and too expensive at £3. Some of the content is unnecessary and not very interesting. I think it would be better at two thirds of the length and two thirds of the cost, say £2.

Yet it win programme of the year pretty much every season

There has certainly been a move away from a matchday programme - giving basic info about the game and other club news - towards a match day magazine where many articles are included which do not relate directly to the match in question.

Reason for this? Could be because most of us get info from digital sources so perhaps the basic info would not be a big draw - league tables, fixtures, appearances, opposition etc can all be accessed online quickly during the match.

I really enjoy the programme the club issues - I find it informative and interesting and a good read BUT I no longer buy it at the match as I found it too bulky to easily slip unfolded into a pocket. I've had a subscription for a few years now.

Hibs reverted to a more compact issue about 9 or ten years ago and charged £1 for it. Very few ads and jam-backed with the basics. Only lasted a year though.

Should also be noted that (at least in the RDS) teamsheets are available free and these provide much of the game info. When I say available, of course, I mean it is available to those who the supporter representative knows/likes. Everybody else has to grovel to get one and be made to feel like a gutter crawler. I no longer give this f*d the pleasure of asking him for a teamsheet so he can demonstrate his superiority by giving me the one he has folded in his hand as opposed to an unfolded one from his folder.

I saw a programme or two from home games last season and thought it was quite good. Don't think I've bought one since the 80's. Have hundreds in boxes which I should really sort out and sell. Have a number from the 40's and 50's which my old man gave me when i was kind of collecting them.

Looking for 37 and 47 Finals. 53 semi v Thirds.

After prolonged growth and high prices, the bottom has fallen out of the market recently. I would advise either selling some stuff to me dead cheap in order to feel my love or hold on to them for a while. Not a good time to sell. The boy in Huntly is selling a LOAD of stuff just now - all very high value items but maybe bought when the market was high.

The AFC Heritage Trust is another worthwhile recipient of older memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Reminded me of the old boy John in his newsboy cap in the Merkland. I sat in same seat a few rows behind him for around 8 years and for 8 years he studiously avoided catching my eye as he passed(flourished!) a sheet to his buddy two seats along.

It was an A4 bit of paper, but it was like he was bestowing a place in the team. If there were kids roundabout I'd ask for one to pass to them otherwise like you I wouldn't give him the 'glory'.
    What a great shout OBI!

Completely forgot about him. He sorted me oot no bother as I was still young but it was really my auld man firing me along the row to get it for him

Edit - And for the topic of the thread I disagree completely. It is a fantastic programme that puts other clubs in the league to shame.

Keep it up AFC!
    Last edited by Spielführer_1903; 14-02-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Can only assume the OP is at the wind up here.

The programme is great value at only £3. Veritable goldmine of information. I was saying to my loon the other day that the club could, and contrary to what the OP says, charge more for it.

Nae really sure what it is that you expect from a programme. If you dinna like it, dinna buy it, simples

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Can only assume the OP is at the wind up here.

The programme is great value at only £3. Veritable goldmine of information. I was saying to my loon the other day that the club could, and contrary to what the OP says, charge more for it.

Nae really sure what it is that you expect from a programme. If you dinna like it, dinna buy it, simples
    Not a wind up really. Just a difference of opinion on what you want from a programme. But I do agree with one poster that it will not fold up to go in a pocket and very often ends up on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Not a wind up really. Just a difference of opinion on what you want from a programme. But I do agree with one poster that it will not fold up to go in a pocket and very often ends up on the floor.
    I dont collect myself but ive seen my bro have a boozy panic a couple of times where he thought bed lost it only to be under his seat or in the row behind

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast