+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 70 years ago today......

Quote Originally Posted by Darnall Siam Blade View Post
    Yes, Shoreham, the only song I remember in the late 40's was very corny by to-day's standards (or lack of).It went something like- Roll along Sheffield United ,Roll along- to the top of the league where you belong-------------(forgot that line)- For when Hagan's got the ball-it's sure to be a goal- Rollalong Etc.
    United tried to get a song going in the early 70s by printing it in the match day programme. It was to the tune of Land of hope and glory. We’ve got Hope and Currie, Woodward on the wing, Dearden down the centre and Hockey is the King

well ronnie my father in law was at elland road and was convinced to the day he passed away that we were robbed and doc pace didnt handle the ball in to the net but i read an article a while ago that the doc admitted he had handled the ball

used to love the kop in mid sixties chanting the rolling stones song de de de de de united also hodgy is better than yashin and that other one we whistled and we sang to the shoreham street rang and we ll win the cup and the league and late sixties ten thousand wednesdayites dead on the floor they wont come on shoreham street kop anymore but of course they still did lol

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456