+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stamping on the blues shirt, Disrepectful or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stamping on the blues shirt, Disrepectful or not?

Well it was on the back of the Birmingham mail and the editor took some biased views in my opinion from both sets of supporters but this was about some guy placing on face book (not sure if its on YT) a Blues shirt, on the floor just after you come through the turn styles and people were wiping their feet on it as they entered the church. (Block L gate 3 of the Holte)

Well I thought it was just a bit of fun and obliged by wiping my feet on it, well I said to the guy, hey dam, I will have to clean my boots now as their is shlt on it.....(i'm easily led) Sheeple!

So the mail is saying "this has gone too far and is Disrespectful well, sorry but didn't The blues fans carry round the sty a Claret and blue coffin stating RIP VILE??

I am not sure who the editor is but he or she is obviously a blue nose and was trying to make a point of it out of pure bitterness, had they won (unlikely) it probably would not have even been mentioned.

Anybody else hear or see it, I will try and get the article.

So, who on here thinks this was harmless banter, pure hatred, out of hand or just a bit of nothing?

Cannot down load the full link but it shows the vid clip, Here is an example comment by a nose.

Blues fans

Pat Collier: Do you know what after reading the comments on here by all these football supporters just grow up. It's a game of football.I always want the Blues to win , but I also have friends who support Villa, my dad was a baggies supporter and have a few glory hunter friends who support Man U and Chelsea but we don't fall out over a game of football. I would rather a team from my home city win the league of course I would prefer it to be Blues (I know a long way off) but if not the Blues then another Brummie team. This throwing of insults to each other is childish.
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 14-02-2018 at 11:18 AM.

This has been going on for years mate. Remember the auld scarf burning rituals at the back of the Holte in the 70/80s? Nose workmen would tie a ‘nose scarf’ to the rafters during the week to p1ss the Holte off etc. I’m sure the noses have similar japes.
    The Mail reporters (I use this term loosely) are just after click bait to justify their salary. One minute social media snowflakes are up in arms over stuff like this and yet they poison the web with their trolling and abuse in next. Some of the stuff that these defenders of our morality spew out is ridiculous.
    It’s just a bit of nothing in my eyes Dave, I don’t find it funny or offensive. Would I have trodden on it? Yes (given the occasion), I probably would of done, in the same light hearted manner that you did.
    I wasn’t offended by the coffin thing either, I just laughed a pitying laugh as I’m sure most noses will do with the shirt thing.
    Meanwhile the morally superior staff at the BM will shout and holler their disgust whilst promoting a nothing story into a national disgrace, by getting all offended on our behalf.
    Last edited by Exiledvillan; 14-02-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Spot on Exiled. I do remember once (as a kid) I found a silk blues scarf, took it to the Villa (and we were not playing brum) Stood up on the last crush barrier and tied the scarf to the girder, many around me were looking at me bit strange until I produced a lighter and set fire to it. Then thousands of fans turned an sang out "Burn burn burn the Bas tard Burn burn burn the Bas tard, Burn the ******* blues scarf" right little rebel I was until 2 coppers grabbed my ankles and threw me out, It was a long way down those Holte end stairs but it was easy to get back in and I did, I crawled under the gates!! Ahh those were the days of non self righteous do-gooders!!

If you get to the article, there's a comment from a female villa fan who says 'Just Grow up' well, obviously she was not down the blues game (at the sty) getting pelted with Metal watch straps, coins, Urine filled durex or spray paint while gesturing to us fans that we are going to have our heads chopped off. Nice that! Not, that's hatred. Some people drive me nuts with their PC. If we all had to OBEY the rules, we would have our hands cut off and tongues taken out.
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 14-02-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Definitely a grey area this one and depends on ones outlook. Shirt stamping and coffin carrying seems pretty fair game to me and relatively harmless. I draw the line at missile throwing and fighting though. To me, that goes beyong footy rivalry as everyone should feel safe at a football match.

Looking at the thread title, it seems that I have not answered the question.
    Disrespectful or not?
    Well, whilst the gestures were not exactly complementary, I believe that respect is earned, not a starting point.
    So how can disrespect be shown, where respect has not been earned nor exist in the first place?
    Surely this makes the whole shirt thing contemptibly appropriate.

In football, rivals don't seem to show any respect to each other unless someone has died and unfortunately behaviour breeds behaviour. Is it disrespectful? Absolutely! Many would argue back about what the noses do but we should rise above it, show some class and wit to poke 'em in the eye.

Re rising above this level. Sometimes, one just has to walk through life’s sewer, to reach the higher moral ground.

“The greatest tragedy in your life will not be the death of a loved one or a natural disaster; those things hurt like hell and devastate to the core. But loss like that is part of life. Whats not necessary and is therefore most tragic is the demise of your truest identity, your dying before youre dead, the moments when you let the words and judgments of others define who you are instead of rising above that pain to be the person you were meant to be. No matter what has happened in your past, you are still capable of becoming a better version of who you are at this moment. Think right. Believe the voice inside of you that speaks the truth. You are a divine marvel. Act like it. Live like it.”

Glad it ended like that I thought it was going to say "...losing to the scum is worse"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)