+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Play off concerns . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    My recollection was that AH said he'd love to go to Wembley in the play-offs. Most sensible supporters wouldn't want the gamble as you said. But ncfcog said AH had a different view more recently and if he has changed his mind then I'll agree with his better way of thinking.

Why the agenda? I'm getting to the state where there's no point in listening to what he says 'cause a few months later he'll change his mind. What else is he going to change his mind about? #realism

You mean he has turned into a woman

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    You mean he has turned into a woman
    "You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment"

Why the agenda? I'm getting to the state where there's no point in listening to what he says 'cause a few months later he'll change his mind. What else is he going to change his mind about? #realism
    Genuine question (at the risk of sounding dumb): what has he changed his mind about so far? There's a few things he's foolishly semi-promised that haven't come to light (certain transfers, new scoreboard), but I don't think I'm aware of any actual out-of-the-blue U-Turns...? Is there something I've missed?

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Genuine question (at the risk of sounding dumb): what has he changed his mind about so far? There's a few things he's foolishly semi-promised that haven't come to light (certain transfers, new scoreboard), but I don't think I'm aware of any actual out-of-the-blue U-Turns...? Is there something I've missed?
    Recently: VAR, P1sspot trophy, I'm sure there are others if I put my mind to it.

I don't mind the fact that he's not yet done the scoreboard and tannoy system. If other priorities arise then shifting focus is sensible but remember he had an argument with a fan about the P1sspot to the point of going around to his house.

Oh and he really should button it when it comes to imminent (non) signings. What was the last one - he posted the player was actually driving over to sign then ended up going a league up. These things happen, we all, well all except AH it seems, know that. Just wait till the signature is there. We're none the wiser and he doesn't end up looking like a prat ruining his kid's Christmas.

Just keep an eye on https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5 - he keeps promising to temper his posts, mosts are informative, others are - well keep an eye for yourself.

And he seems to think Fitz was suspended for the Barnet game, and boasting that he has more followers than a supporter who said the display against Swansea (away) was the worst he's seen - silly!

Recently: VAR, P1sspot trophy, I'm sure there are others if I put my mind to it.

I don't mind the fact that he's not yet done the scoreboard and tannoy system. If other priorities arise then shifting focus is sensible but remember he had an argument with a fan about the P1sspot to the point of going around to his house.

Oh and he really should button it when it comes to imminent (non) signings. What was the last one - he posted the player was actually driving over to sign then ended up going a league up. These things happen, we all, well all except AH it seems, know that. Just wait till the signature is there. We're none the wiser and he doesn't end up looking like a prat ruining his kid's Christmas.

Just keep an eye on https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5 - he keeps promising to temper his posts, mosts are informative, others are - well keep an eye for yourself.

And he seems to think Fitz was suspended for the Barnet game, and boasting that he has more followers than a supporter who said the display against Swansea (away) was the worst he's seen - silly!
    What was the last one - he posted the player was actually driving over to sign then ended up going a league up.
    Thats wrong....the player driving was Bennett - good job he wasnt running though.
    The player who went a league up was Bogle, and that happened a day or so earlier, although Bogle wasnt announced til deadline day itself.

Still a long way to go of course, but as it stands we’d play Lincoln in the semis and then possibly Mansfield in the final. Other than beating Forest, I can’t really think of a better way to get promotion. Notts County heaven.

The only trouble though is that the way we’re playing at the moment, there doesn’t seem much prospect of actually beating anyone who’s any good.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    What was the last one - he posted the player was actually driving over to sign then ended up going a league up.
    Thats wrong....the player driving was Bennett - good job he wasnt running though.
    The player who went a league up was Bogle, and that happened a day or so earlier, although Bogle wasnt announced til deadline day itself.
    If you know that for fact then I'll stand corrected but it certainly wasn't how I recall the tweets at the time which made Bennett to be a second choice on the day and all the talk was about Bogle. That's also a problem with instant messaging in short bursts, leaves too much for the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    A considerable amount of discussion going off between fans at the moment about if we end up in the play-offs and have to face them up the road.

Speaking with friends last night it seems the general consensus is that if we can't achieve automatic promotion we are likely to face Mansfailed, either in the semi's or maybe even at Wembley.

It's fair to say this raised many concerns with those I discussed this with.

I actually ended the night by saying I would rather miss out on play offs altogether rather than face the guaranteed humiliation we will experience by losing out to the sIags, especially if that is in the final.

Of course I don't really mean that but the thought did actually cross my mind as I did actually speak those words.

Jeez this season is going to finish a few of us off I'm sure of it!
    I've been thinking about this happening for a few months now, but how things are going I think it's more likely either they'll move up into the top 3 or we drop out of the playoffs altogether. We have some make or break home games coming up, but I expect we'll lose to the Stags as usual, and possibly drop points against Wycombe and Luton. Not sure I could cope losing to Mansfield in the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I've been thinking about this happening for a few months now, but how things are going I think it's more likely either they'll move up into the top 3 or we drop out of the playoffs altogether. We have some make or break home games coming up, but I expect we'll lose to the Stags as usual, and possibly drop points against Wycombe and Luton. Not sure I could cope losing to Mansfield in the playoffs!

Thats the spirit, stay positive....

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That was the driver behind the conversations I’d had, the thought of losing to sIags in the play offs is actually worse than missing out on them!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast