+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Play off concerns . . .

Play off concerns . . .

A considerable amount of discussion going off between fans at the moment about if we end up in the play-offs and have to face them up the road.

Speaking with friends last night it seems the general consensus is that if we can't achieve automatic promotion we are likely to face Mansfailed, either in the semi's or maybe even at Wembley.

It's fair to say this raised many concerns with those I discussed this with.

I actually ended the night by saying I would rather miss out on play offs altogether rather than face the guaranteed humiliation we will experience by losing out to the sIags, especially if that is in the final.

Of course I don't really mean that but the thought did actually cross my mind as I did actually speak those words.

Jeez this season is going to finish a few of us off I'm sure of it!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    A considerable amount of discussion going off between fans at the moment about if we end up in the play-offs and have to face them up the road.

Speaking with friends last night it seems the general consensus is that if we can't achieve automatic promotion we are likely to face Mansfailed, either in the semi's or maybe even at Wembley.

I actually ended the night by saying I would rather miss out on play offs altogether rather than face the guaranteed humiliation we will experience by losing out to the sIags, especially if that is in the final.

Of course I don't really mean that but the thought did actually cross my mind as I did actually speak those words.

We probably will face them in the play offs and it'll be a hard game, but even if we lose we'll make a lot of money from them so definitely better to lose that way than finish eighth.

Plus they have held the sign over us for such a long time that according to the laws of random stuff happening in football, getting us at Wembley would almost certainly jinx them!

Joking aside there won't be any easy teams in the play offs this year, so it'll be hard whatever happens.

Aotomatic/Playoffs on last nights 2nd half showing, your having a Giraffe

Good job seasons are not defined by one half or a game eh?.

Automatic please Mr Nolan, I am out of the country for the play-off final.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Automatic please Mr Nolan, I am out of the country for the play-off final.
    As an accountant you surely understand that AH wants play-offs. As a self-publicist AH will want play-offs. Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    As an accountant you surely understand that AH wants play-offs. As a self-publicist AH will want play-offs. Next?
    I'm pretty sure he said on live tv during the FA Cup draw that he now really wanted automatic promotion and not the lottery of the play offs?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post

We wouldn't be in this situation if we hadn't changed the formation. Doing this cost us 6 points at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Why the agenda against AH?

I'm certain that Notts going off via the play-offs is worth a fair bit more money than finishing in the top 3. However, failing in the play-offs (even if we got to the final with the gate receipts TV money etc) has to be worth less than the extra revenue we would generate for even one season in the higher division.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Why the agenda against AH?

I'm certain that Notts going off via the play-offs is worth a fair bit more money than finishing in the top 3. However, failing in the play-offs (even if we got to the final with the gate receipts TV money etc) has to be worth less than the extra revenue we would generate for even one season in the higher division.
    My recollection was that AH said he'd love to go to Wembley in the play-offs. Most sensible supporters wouldn't want the gamble as you said. But ncfcog said AH had a different view more recently and if he has changed his mind then I'll agree with his better way of thinking.

Why the agenda? I'm getting to the state where there's no point in listening to what he says 'cause a few months later he'll change his mind. What else is he going to change his mind about? #realism

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast