+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alan Pardew.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You said keep it to the point - can you take Pardew and that other useless c unt Carver back to the North East! 8 points out of 13 games is shocking and yet he says we are improving. After losing at home to Southampton in a 6 pointer match the excuse was there were tired legs because of the midweek game at Man City. Well Pardew you prick, you should have played the reserves at Man City in a game we were never going to win to keep the best players fresh!!!

Same this Saturday - he will play a strong team in a no nothing cup match then risk injuries for the biggest cup final ever the week after against Huddersfield.

Pardew should have stayed on the dole in Croydon but hey he says we can win 6 of the next 11 games but considering he has won one in 13, there's more chance of winning the euromillions this Friday.

I am happy to drive Pardew and Carver back up to you - free of charge!!!
    I can well understand your frustration with him and Carver and I hope something works for you lot....but....Sturridge has just magnified the problem when he could have gave you a leg up.

As for us taking him back...you know that's impossible even if we were desperate. He's not liked on the whole, which is showing in this topic.
    As much as I don't exactly dislike him, I wouldn't have him back, either.

All you'll have to hope for are two things.

1. He manages to pull off a miracle for you lot.

2.All the teams you play from now till the end of the season have terrible games by all kinds of means.

Good luck anyway because you'll certainly need all the luck in the world to get a good run together to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I can well understand your frustration with him and Carver and I hope something works for you lot....but....Sturridge has just magnified the problem when he could have gave you a leg up.

As for us taking him back...you know that's impossible even if we were desperate. He's not liked on the whole, which is showing in this topic.
    As much as I don't exactly dislike him, I wouldn't have him back, either.

All you'll have to hope for are two things.

1. He manages to pull off a miracle for you lot.

2.All the teams you play from now till the end of the season have terrible games by all kinds of means.

Good luck anyway because you'll certainly need all the luck in the world to get a good run together to escape.

Thanks and luck is what we need, if not a miracle! As the songs are starting already at the ground - we'll go down we'll go down we'll go down together - come back up win the cup and kick feck out of Villa!

See you at your place soon as we are always made welcome!!! There could be both sets of fans booing Pardew if results don't turn!

I've given Pardew so little thought since he left that I honestly can't remember all of the things I wanted rid of him for. My abiding memory is having one attacking set piece for what seemed like several seasons - loop it high, to the far post, to Mike Williamson. Every ****ing time. Corner? Loop it high, to the far post, to Mike Williamson. Free kick in the opposing half? loop it high, to the far post, to Mike Williamson... just one variation would have been nice to see, particularly given that it didn't exactly have a high success rate!

Thanks and luck is what we need, if not a miracle! As the songs are starting already at the ground - we'll go down we'll go down we'll go down together - come back up win the cup and kick feck out of Villa!

See you at your place soon as we are always made welcome!!! There could be both sets of fans booing Pardew if results don't turn!
    Very possible that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    I've given Pardew so little thought since he left that I honestly can't remember all of the things I wanted rid of him for. My abiding memory is having one attacking set piece for what seemed like several seasons - loop it high, to the far post, to Mike Williamson. Every ****ing time. Corner? Loop it high, to the far post, to Mike Williamson. Free kick in the opposing half? loop it high, to the far post, to Mike Williamson... just one variation would have been nice to see, particularly given that it didn't exactly have a high success rate!
    I have to admit that I hated the set pieces aimed at Williamson.
    I used to cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Can I have people's absolute honest opinions on Alan Pardew and why the dislike of him is so strong?

Obviously he wasn't the best manager we've ever had but he by a country mile not the worst, either.
    I'd really just like to know the genuine reasons from people (individually) without any reliance on any other people's thought process.

My take on him is, I actually didn't mind him and I believe he was caught up in a poisoned atmosphere with Ashley over sales of players and weak replacements....but I didn't attribute any of that directly at Pardew's door and, yeah he might have been a bit of a get on with it person and a bit of a yes sir no sir to the hierarchy, possibly, but seriously I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as some people made out.

I was just looking at percentages of win rates since managers were at this club and he's fared reasonably ok when put up against a lot of other managers this club has had in terms of win rates, length of time and games played.

Let's keep it civil and to the point.
    Make it the good the bad and the ugly about what you think/thought about him.
    The why's and what not's.
    A good thread idea actually.

For me personally - i supported him for a long time, i really did but it wore me down that it was never his fault. He could always find somebody else, or something else to blame. That can work, takes the pressure off the team problem was that it was all the time.

I also couldn't stand that constant support of Ashley, i know that is because he couldn't go out of his way to disagree with him - same i couldn't to my boss but again it was a constant drip drip drip of poison.

We also never seem to have a plan. Don't get me wrong some of the football was exhilarating to watch on occasion but that was mainly because we got lucky with players clicking together, from one game to the next no plan.
    I also found him very smarmy but that is just me not a reason to dislike him Newcastle related

Funnily enough, I've always liked the way Steve Bruce and Mick McCarthy are honest about their teams' performances and their own culpability in a defeat.

You couldn't believe the relief everyone I know who supports us on hearing the news that Pardew had finally gone.

That news was as good as winning a cup.

I can't believe we actually got paid for Pardew's services

You said keep it to the point - can you take Pardew and that other useless c unt Carver back to the North East! 8 points out of 13 games is shocking and yet he says we are improving. After losing at home to Southampton in a 6 pointer match the excuse was there were tired legs because of the midweek game at Man City. Well Pardew you prick, you should have played the reserves at Man City in a game we were never going to win to keep the best players fresh!!!

Same this Saturday - he will play a strong team in a no nothing cup match then risk injuries for the biggest cup final ever the week after against Huddersfield.

Pardew should have stayed on the dole in Croydon but hey he says we can win 6 of the next 11 games but considering he has won one in 13, there's more chance of winning the euromillions this Friday.

I am happy to drive Pardew and Carver back up to you - free of charge!!!
    I'm afraid you've been Pardewed, which is a shame as the Baggies are decent fans IMO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)