+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Pardew.

Alan Pardew.

Can I have people's absolute honest opinions on Alan Pardew and why the dislike of him is so strong?

Obviously he wasn't the best manager we've ever had but he by a country mile not the worst, either.
    I'd really just like to know the genuine reasons from people (individually) without any reliance on any other people's thought process.

My take on him is, I actually didn't mind him and I believe he was caught up in a poisoned atmosphere with Ashley over sales of players and weak replacements....but I didn't attribute any of that directly at Pardew's door and, yeah he might have been a bit of a get on with it person and a bit of a yes sir no sir to the hierarchy, possibly, but seriously I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as some people made out.

I was just looking at percentages of win rates since managers were at this club and he's fared reasonably ok when put up against a lot of other managers this club has had in terms of win rates, length of time and games played.

Let's keep it civil and to the point.
    Make it the good the bad and the ugly about what you think/thought about him.
    The why's and what not's.

As much as anything, apart from being a slimeball, it was his excuses, the way nothing was ever his fault.

I actually defended him on here for a long time before I took against him and at one stage I was very glad he was our manager. But, the excuses, man...without going into the whole list. he variously-and not even ironically-blamed the grass, the weather, Science, the fans and having too many points.

I agree about being caught up in the poisonous atmosphere but he was partly to blame-he was an absolute 'yes man' and sought to defend Ashley at every opportunity. It didn't help that Hughton shouldn't have been sacked but, regardless, I think he was afforded a lot of slack by the fans but he spoke to the media as if we were absolute idiots and he could say things that were the exact opposite of what we had just witnessed on the pitch believing that we'd just lap it up without question. It also didn't help all his media buddies falling over themselves to call us deluded, etc etc as week after week they told us how good he was and how ungrateful we were after yet another shocking performance on the pitch.

Add to that his general classless behaviour (even ignoring the stories about him shagging other players' wives/girlfriends)-calling himself 'the King', the Meyler headbutt.....everything about him, man.

When I saw that slimy dance he did at Wembley after Palace scored I was just so glad he was no longer at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    As much as anything, apart from being a slimeball, it was his excuses, the way nothing was ever his fault.

I actually defended him on here for a long time before I took against him and at one stage I was very glad he was our manager. But, the excuses, man...without going into the whole list. he variously-and not even ironically-blamed the grass, the weather, Science, the fans and having too many points.

I agree about being caught up in the poisonous atmosphere but he was partly to blame-he was an absolute 'yes man' and sought to defend Ashley at every opportunity. It didn't help that Hughton shouldn't have been sacked but, regardless, I think he was afforded a lot of slack by the fans but he spoke to the media as if we were absolute idiots and he could say things that were the exact opposite of what we had just witnessed on the pitch believing that we'd just lap it up without question. It also didn't help all his media buddies falling over themselves to call us deluded, etc etc as week after week they told us how good he was and how ungrateful we were after yet another shocking performance on the pitch.

Add to that his general classless behaviour (even ignoring the stories about him shagging other players' wives/girlfriends)-calling himself 'the King', the Meyler headbutt.....everything about him, man.

When I saw that slimy dance he did at Wembley after Palace scored I was just so glad he was no longer at our club.
    he asked why no one liked pardew
    his excuses nothings his fault

so if you do this but also attack ash you are accepted
    rafa has a far worse record than pardew did

and cost a lot less

the head but was class
    not enough of it in the game

ffs....your anti-Rafa agenda again?????

Ghost's made a good thread asking about Pardew but you couldn't stop yourself.

I think he's smarmy and highly dislikeable as a person...but let's ignore that!

He did the same with us that he's done at MOST of his other clubs. One or two good run of results, usually at the start, before going on atrocious runs of losses. Not even just losses...absolute spankings in our case!

The football was not good under him, even when we finished 5th. There was never any coercion in the way the team played. It was generally about one player doing something special. Generally cabaye, ba, cisse or hba!

We finished 5th on the strength of our 3 up front. Ba as an inside target man, cisse banging them in and hba running havoc down the right. But he decided to change this. Switching Ba and cisse just to please Ba. .screwed things up. Then he switched back to a 442, or 4411...didn't work for cisse or hba, or cabaye or even tiote. The defence had less protection and our attack stopped being as efficient.

Now, obviously it's not all down to him. Ashley screwed him as he does with all his managers. Ba left (but this was always going to happen with his form and low release clause...making the decision to give him the central role baffling!), cisse stopped being a goal machine (again not all down to pardew but the switch to the left was the start of the rot and hit his confidence!) Hba was asked to play left mid where he had to work harder, help in defence, and lose the ball in more dangerous positions. And as said...although cabaye and to a lesser extent (I can't blame his decrease of quality solely on pardew) tiote were a good partnership...the defence...not really good enough except for colo. ..were not protected.

He had more talent at his disposal than Rafa has...but he didn't get them to work as hard!

Well if you remember, the tactical genius Pardew said he thought he could get more out of Tiote in a more advanced role...so he moved the best defensive midfielder we've had in yomks forward and the best attacking midfielder we've had in yonks-Cabaye-back.

genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Well if you remember, the tactical genius Pardew said he thought he could get more out of Tiote in a more advanced role...so he moved the best defensive midfielder we've had in yomks forward and the best attacking midfielder we've had in yonks-Cabaye-back.

genius.
    Yes...this!

Also his persistence with Ryan taylor at rb! Yeah, he became a bit of an icon towards the end...but he was a shocking rb!

He did like to put round pegs in square holes! I've got a terrible memory to be fair...but I do remember that i spent most of the time during his reign shouting at the TV. .. "why have you got him playing there you @$#*? He can't play there...

he was a fork tongued liar. he couldn't tell the truth if he tried.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)