+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gr8 News for TT?

Message sent to admins

Cheers gents, I have just uninstalled Chrome and am now ito try CCleaner. Thanks.

Ok TT. After using CCleaner, make sure you restart your computer before reinstalling it mate.

I have done all that now but still have the same issue.

This morning I had trouble logging on to my internet bank which, when I entered password etc, just sent me back to the home screen. I called them (Scam??/) and we ended up having to use IE to access my accounts, after clearing browsing date etc.
    It's now affecting other sites where, even when I put in a 'reset password' request it either talks me back to the log in screen or says there is an admin error.

I'm at a bit of a loss now so may be the PC doctor is needed- or a new laptop.

Thanks for your help Gray.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I have done all that now but still have the same issue.

This morning I had trouble logging on to my internet bank which, when I entered password etc, just sent me back to the home screen. I called them (Scam??/) and we ended up having to use IE to access my accounts, after clearing browsing date etc.
    It's now affecting other sites where, even when I put in a 'reset password' request it either talks me back to the log in screen or says there is an admin error.

I'm at a bit of a loss now so may be the PC doctor is needed- or a new laptop.

Thanks for your help Gray.
    Ah right, I thought it was just on footymad that you had issues TT. It does sound as though you could have picked up a virus or malware then mate. You’re right, I’d get it to your local computer guy ASAP and I’d resist using it, especially financial stuff for now even on internet explorer. I’d also change your important passwords once it’s definitely been sorted, or if you can get online on another device. My concern from what you say is that it seems to be just affecting the log on process and even though it seems to just be affecting Chrome, it could easily spread to IE.

Let me know how you get on mate.
    Last edited by GrayBlade; 14-02-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Having all sorts of issues, it's flipping wins 10 updates, keeps buggering everthing up, every time an update is issued, keeps messing about with usb settings, I have to keep reinstalling my debugging and programmers for my microcontroller software programming ide's.

\And this is a brand new laptop...
    Seriously thinking of getting a cheap second hand laptop and putting windows 7 on it and disabling internet access on it...grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by diode_blade View Post
    Having all sorts of issues, it's flipping wins 10 updates, keeps buggering everthing up, every time an update is issued, keeps messing about with usb settings, I have to keep reinstalling my debugging and programmers for my microcontroller software programming ide's.

\And this is a brand new laptop...
    Seriously thinking of getting a cheap second hand laptop and putting windows 7 on it and disabling internet access on it...grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Loads of people have had issues like yours after the latest W10 (developer’s) update DB. It turns out some hardware drivers aren’t compatible even on new kit. In the past, the update would have stalled because of this but on this occasion it’s steamed right through and left people with problems like yours. If it’s a newish laptop, there should be new drivers on the way on the manufacturer’s website but how fast who knows.

Two tips for W10 users is to restart your computer now and again and that will often clear some issues. Unlike previous versions of Windows, shutting down W10 only puts it into something similar to sleep mode so that it can fast boot back up again whereas a reboot will check for issues.

Also if you use Rapport for banking protection and have had problems getting on the net with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer since the major updates, uninstalling Rapport and then reinstalling it will usually clear the issue.

TBH it’s a bag of worms,,

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Loads of people have had issues like yours after the latest W10 (developer’s) update DB. It turns out some hardware drivers aren’t compatible even on new kit. In the past, the update would have stalled because of this but on this occasion it’s steamed right through and left people with problems like yours. If it’s a newish laptop, there should be new drivers on the way on the manufacturer’s website but how fast who knows.

Two tips for W10 users is to restart your computer now and again and that will often clear some issues. Unlike previous versions of Windows, shutting down W10 only puts it into something similar to sleep mode so that it can fast boot back up again whereas a reboot will check for issues.

Also if you use Rapport for banking protection and have had problems getting on the net with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer since the major updates, uninstalling Rapport and then reinstalling it will usually clear the issue.

TBH it’s a bag of worms,,
    Cheers for that GB, don't seem to have too many problems with Firefox though...
    anyways have a likey...

After a Chrome reset all now working!

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    After a Chrome reset all now working!
    to laptop or brain ........only joking - welcome back TT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast